T-Shirt Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Though I think having your own labels is kinda cool, doesn't that just open you up to more liability? Cost? Why are you inclined to do this?

IMHO You could save yourself some $ by creating a "proper care" page on your website.

· Administrator
18,948 Posts
Though I think having your own labels is kinda cool, doesn't that just open you up to more liability? Cost? Why are you inclined to do this?

IMHO You could save yourself some $ by creating a "proper care" page on your website.
Because when you make your 'to die' for t-shirt that customers and wearers have to have more of, you want them to be able to find you.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have read conflicting info regarding the use of manufacturer's RN numbers. Some sources say it's ok to use them. Some say it's fraudulent to use them. My advice would be to contact the manufacturer and ask if you can use their RN number when re-labeling. Or just get your own RN number and not have to worry about it.

· Administrator
18,948 Posts
I have read conflicting info regarding the use of manufacturer's RN numbers. Some sources say it's ok to use them. Some say it's fraudulent to use them. My advice would be to contact the manufacturer and ask if you can use their RN number when re-labeling. Or just get your own RN number and not have to worry about it.
The law is crystal clear on this. You can't use the manufacturers RN# when relabeling, regardless what the manufacturer tells you:

"Under the Textile Act, it is illegal for retailers to remove labels with required information from the garments they offer for sale without replacing them. If a retailer removes any label with required information, it must substitute another label with its own name or RN and the other required information that appeared on the original label. In addition, if you substitute a label, you are required to keep records for three years that show the information on the removed label and the company from which the product was received."

Full law here: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/bus...gh-labeling-requirements-under-textile#coname

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.