T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Off the top of my head: full legal name of the company and/or an RN, country of origin on the FRONT of the tag, accurate care instructions in clear and legible English (can't over or under prescribe treatment - symbols optional), fibre content (I think)... that might be all actually. I wrote about it a while ago in depth (here) and the FTC have a very good website on the subject.

Most blanks are sold with legally compliant tags (occasionally they're not), and they are generally designed so that if you remove the top tag (with the brand of the blank) and leave the back tag (with the care instructions, etc.), making sure your front tag is the same size or smaller (so the back tag hangs down a little and displays the country of origin - generally placed at the bottom of the back tag so it displays at the front, as legally required)... then you will be legally compliant.

(if you want to transfer the information across onto your tag and have one tag only you can, but if you want to have more company stuff on the tag and not have to worry about legal requirements that is one way to do it)

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
error426 said:
doesn't that just open you up to more liability?
Only if you screw up the tag ;) (in which case you could be liable for thousands of dollars in fines, and a total product recall, though it's pretty unlikely)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.