T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knows what exactly you need to start a business. What to we register and where and any paper work? I live in Quebec so if anyone is from there and knows what you have to do to get started, let me know! thanks!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Most towns/cities require you to pay business tax even if you are homebased.

you do not require a business/tax number unless you make over 30,000 annually, then it's mandatory.

It's best to get it when starting out though so you can submit/claim all your gst or hst.

Check your local area for a small business development centre & they can help you with all this.

Lar

·
Registered
162 Posts
To register your company you need to go to the palais du justice.They will ask for your company name type of company , There is a fee. If the name is available it is yours if not you need to choose another. They will also give any other information that you may need if you are incorperated or not. After you register you contact your accountent for tax information GST and PST. You are in Quebec which is competitive in the fashion field t-shirts to high end fashion. Do your research if you will make it before spendings lots of money. Know your market.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks polomac, are you from Quebec? Ya it is really competitive here. I have done a lot of research and my target customers are 16 to 25. People that do the whole clubbing scene. I think that they would best fit into my apparel. Plus i got some good feedback from my designs from that type of customers.

So even if i only stick to an online business and am a sole propriety, i still have to register my company and all? never the less i will check out the palais du justice for more info. thanks again!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts