· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am filling out a form to buy wholesale from Broder, they are asking for a
1. Federal EIN
2. DUNS#
3. ASI#

What do the above stand for?
I have a sellers permit from California BOE and a Business License from the town I live in. I am in the dark as far as the above. Please someone turn the lights on for me, I'm afraid of the dark. :D

Thanks,
Cheryl

· Registered
9,952 Posts
Re: What do these stand for?

you get an ein number from the irs. it is a taxpayer number like your ssn, but for a business. you really dont need one if you are a sole proprietor.

the duns number is a dunn and brastreet number for credit reporting for a business. you dont need this unless you want business credit. be prepared to pay $500 or more for it. they have free ones but they dont report those.

asi is an advertising specialty institute number that works like the duns number for advertisers.

the last 2 are like a club that promotes themselves.

hope that helps.

· Registered
448 Posts
Re: What do these stand for?

binki said:
you get an ein number from the irs. it is a taxpayer number like your ssn, but for a business. you really dont need one if you are a sole proprietor.
I have been researching this as well. It is my understanding that if your business is structured as a sole propietor then your SSN# will be your employee ID as long as you don't have any other employees.

The company earnings/profits will be added to any other income source you have to calculate your total taxable earnings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.