T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They've obviously done their homework. So what do some of the major players use?

So far I've found that:

Threadless.com - Fruit of the Loom 50/50 5.4 oz (not sure if it's ringspun or not).

Anyone care to add to this list? Thanks!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Retailers. People such as BAPE, Busted Tees, etc.

They know what their doing, and they've figured out what works best. Nothing wrong with piggybacking on their research.

But the only way to find out is if you have ordered one of their shirts, Threadless was one of the few retailers that had the shirt listed.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
T-BOT said:
i put in a request with the boss for wal-to-wal carpet, but he ignored me.
How about covering the walls in rubber padding? ;D

A lot of sites do list what shirts they use. Busted Tees for example uses primarily American Apparel, but also uses Gildan for some designs.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Twinge said:
A lot of sites do list what shirts they use. Busted Tees for example uses primarily American Apparel, but also uses Gildan for some designs.
I would say thats the standard for most peeps we work for.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rodney said:
A lot of larger labels have their shirts custom made by factories overseas and aren't readily available for wholesale purchase.
You can also be a 'small label' and have your shirts custom made in the USA. Your order sizes will likely have to be 10 dozen of each size (which is likely a lot less than it would be overseas).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Twinge said:
Do they use Gildan for anything new? They used to print on Gildan, then phased in AA. I'd be surprised if the Gildan shirts weren't just old stock (but don't know for sure).

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Solmu said:
Do they use Gildan for anything new? They used to print on Gildan, then phased in AA. I'd be surprised if the Gildan shirts weren't just old stock (but don't know for sure).
A quick browse looks like maybe 1/4 to 1/2 is on Gildan; I imagine it's not all old stock. I do wonder why they chose to split them though. It says on each product page what shirt they're using for that design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts