T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
I agree. It can be a huge undertaking and expense. I would suggest that you contract the printing out until you are sure that you are headed in the right direction. Once your sales can justify purchasing equipment, then take the next step.;)

· Registered
1 Posts
i am in the same boat. while i would love to send my work off to an expert to print, not sure sizes, etc. and how many of each size I would sell. if i sell my design to some of the companies who buy, I am looking at $2500 at best and know that the work is worth more than that. such a double-edged sword.

· Registered
482 Posts
Let it be known that good screen printing is an art. You can't just buy the equipment and print good quality shirts at the start.

I agree with everyone... I'd leave it to contract orders at the start. Or do what I do and never plan on buying the equipment. I would rather sub-out. Do you realize how many more orders I can process a day by doing the design, paper work, and phone calls vs. design, paper work, printing, folding, etc. It more than pays off in the end!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.