T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a good amount of tee designs, a snapback, and a website. What do retailers need to see to consider carrying a new brand? Do I need a catalog (look book), or will the website take care of that? Should I have a price sheet? Anything else?

· Registered
7,118 Posts
The most important thing will be to make an appointment to show them samples of your products. You should definitely have a catalog (look book or line sheet is fine). Make sure it includes product info, prices and how to contact you to place an order. Know you numbers and understand that the retailer needs to sustain a certain profit margin. If they can't make those margins on your product, they won't be interested. So make sure the wholesale price and suggested retail price are competitive in the market.

ABrandWithNoName.com

· Registered
11 Posts
Just go in confident and make sure to do all your research (do everything kimura-mma mentions), the retailers are obviously going to want their margins and they want to see great selling records, so they are confident that your item will sell (in good time).

NOTE: send a candy girl in there to really sell your presentation :) Unless the representative is female :( Then stick with the basics.

Hope this helps,
CEO - Zurka Customs

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys!

Zurka,
That brings up a good point. Is it really a good idea to have a "candy girl" pitch my product? I can see that going wrong in so many ways: 1. She can't answer unexpected questions on the fly; 2. Purchaser may think that I'm either not confident in myself or that I think I'm too busy to meet with them myself; etc

Have you or people you know had luck using an attractive girl for sales meetings?

· Registered
58 Posts
Contact the owner or purchaser via phone or e-mail to set up an appointment. Let them know they can get a quick look at your product on your website. You'll want to bring in samples, catalog, business card, wholesale order sheet and any previous sales statistics. Then sell the product, let them know what its about, why they need to carry it and how much money they can make from it. If they're ready to buy they will want to know what the minimums are, how they can pay (check, credit card) how long it will take to get their order and maybe how it will come packaged. Offer them first time buyer incentives like first time discounts, free shipping, maybe a buy back program to eliminate risks.

Good Luck

Sent from my HTC Glacier using T-Shirt Forums

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.