T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What transfer paper is the best for opaque? been using inktra opaque transfer paper. it bleeds on dark shirts. What do i do?:confused:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I haven't used the Inktra (Stahl's I believe). Not sure if it was their take on IronAll for darks, but IronAll for darks is another good brand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been able to shine in the dark colors,is there anything i need to do in the preheating aspect. How long should i be preheating,say blacks& dark blue,etc.? thanks bobolou5!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I haven't used the Inktra (Stahl's I believe). Not sure if it was their take on IronAll for darks, but IronAll for darks is another good brand.
...I have a "sample pack" of the SHAHLS "INKTRA OPAQUE" here in my hand....
On the back it's TRUE name is......

"Jet Opaque II" manufactured by Neenah.
(orange lines or an orange grid)

I buy mine from Tshirtsupplies.com("JetWear Dark") and get a great price.

It has never "bled" on me and presses great.

.....but remember.... there are always "different" batches out there!

When I purchase any pack HT paper I take a sheet from the top and a sheet from the middle (towards the bottom) and "test" it.
Then I know whether to keep it or send it back for an exchange.:)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Jetwear Dark is a good paper and absolutely you want to test the paper when you receive it. I have not tried Iron all for Darks so really can't offer any input there. I have been lucky enough to not have any issues with bleeding but like to think it's either luck or the testing I'm doing. :D LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried the ultra gold,no good results. I tried it on 50/50 cot/poly, What was suppose to be white on black turned out to be gray on black tee.I even tried preheating it several times hoping over come dye. Should i be using 100% cotton only? Lost in a black hole, will look into the jetwear dark. Bobalou5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts