T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise me on how I handle this. It is going on white tees. I have a 6 color manual.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Make them lessen it by one color would be my option. What color of shirt, btw?

The greens are so similar to one another, as well as the oranges, how big of a deal can it be to them?

Just my suggestion.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is that the actual file that you are supposed to print from? If so, how are you supposed to screen print from a 72 DPI raster image?

Regarding the colors, I would imagine that you would have to do 4 color process printing with it. Or you could do 4 color process for the colored squares plus two spot colors for the tree and leaves (assuming the leaves are supposed to be solid green shapes; hard to tell from that poor quality picture) which would make it look better than 4 color process for everything IMO.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just ordered a color separation program which has not arrived yet so I was wondering if I can separate in photoshop. I need to give an answer soon if I can do the job and want to make sure I can before I commit.

·
Registered
412 Posts
you could do 4 color process if your really wanted to, but everyone knows spot is the way to go. I would seperate that file into 6 colors and take some of those oranges and greens that are similar and make the lighter ones halftones of the darker colors.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just ordered a color separation program which has not arrived yet so I was wondering if I can separate in photoshop. I need to give an answer soon if I can do the job and want to make sure I can before I commit.
There are a lot of threads on here about doing that in Photoshop (search the forums for terms like mode, bitmap, ellipse). There was a video that someone linked to as well which went through the whole process, but I don't remember exactly where.

And if you don't have a better image to work from than that 72 DPI raster image with compression artifacts, you might as well forget it ... garbage in, garbage out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
you could do 4 color process if your really wanted to, but everyone knows spot is the way to go. I would seperate that file into 6 colors and take some of those oranges and greens that are similar and make the lighter ones halftones of the darker colors.
There are at least 8 basic colors in that image; that's before halftoning to make the forty-eleven different shades of each of the basic colors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts