T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to this so please excuse my rookieness... Just took 2 shirts that I printed the other day (first time using white plastisol ink) and the images are all washed out looking in spots. It took several passes to get the white to show up when printing, but looked great when I was done... now is trash. The shirts I printed in black look great...?

Here is what one looks like after being washed and dried...

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I only have a Wagner heat gun. Was told to put it on for about 45 seconds. I actually made about 3 passes, lifted the screen, put the heat gun on, made a couple more passes then heat gun again- not sure if that has anything to do with it or not...?

· Registered
382 Posts
you should get a laser temp gun. 20-30 bucks on ebay. you can temp while you heat gun. screen printing is alot of precise measurements and needs to be consistant if you plan on doing quality work for other people or yourself. sounds like you undercured. heat guns can work but you will have alot of guesswork and ruining of shirts.

· Registered
14 Posts
Looks like the same mistake I made 14 years ago when I started screenprinting. I wanted to get my first order done before I had all my equipment set up. I used a heat gun to cure my plastisol and needless to say a week later the print was coming off the shirts. Undercured... lesson learned. You'll find this is especially true with white ink.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.