T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am expanding my business, I always used heat transfers but I am investing in a vinyl cutter. What colors do you use mostly for t-shirts? I was thinking black would be the most popular?
I will also be making window decals which I believe the most popular is white? Looking for opions, thanks!

·
Registered
996 Posts
I use mostly white, black, red and blue. Those will contrast with most tee's. For window's it's almost all white. I use Thermoflex plus and find it has a very light hand but I up the temp and time a little because of teflon cover.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use mostly white, black, red and blue. Those will contrast with most tee's. For window's it's almost all white. I use Thermoflex plus and find it has a very light hand but I up the temp and time a little because of teflon cover.
Thanks for the reply! Where do you buy your vinyl? Where do you sell your items?

·
Registered
996 Posts
I buy my vinyl from Supplies Unlimited because they are local and I can pick up. I sell mostly short runs to local business and also do totes. I also combine heat transfer photos with vinyl lettering for pet groomers. (a dog lover is a great customer) :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great replies, I have found that there is actually a Feller's and N. Glantz & Son near me, so I am going to try to find out if they have better or near the prices of signwarehouse.com, it will save me money with shipping.

--Lastly, is this a smart business move on my part if I only sell online, I will be adding window decals and vinyl shirts and combined vinyl and inkjet tshirts... are these profitable or no? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts