T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,957 Posts
Do you have any software now? Most any software on the market can do this. It's pretty simple.

I have a silhouette of my character on the sleeve of my shirts. I gave a rough sketch to a graphic artist that made him come to life for me and I just put the finished product in photoshop, selected the image, made an outline of the whole image, and bucket-filled with black...VIOLA!, silhouette!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you don't have tons of computer skills, a real "quick and dirty" way to do this would be to print out your reference photograph, tape it underneath a piece of tracing paper, and go to town with a sharpie. Once drawn, you can have it scanned in at 600 dpi or greater (at actual printing size), and saved as a bitmap file. This file can then be placed into a drawing app, page-layout app, or sent to the printer for easy output.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I use Corel photopaint to knock out the background, using the magic wand tool. Save the image. I then trace with the power trace function in Corel draw. I then create a border, under effects-create border. Delete the original picture, you have only the border left fill with your color of choice. This works for me, found through trial and error. I use them with my vinyl cutter. Mike

·
Registered
345 Posts
I use Corel photopaint to knock out the background, using the magic wand tool. Save the image. I then trace with the power trace function in Corel draw. I then create a border, under effects-create border. Delete the original picture, you have only the border left fill with your color of choice. This works for me, found through trial and error. I use them with my vinyl cutter. Mike
hey, i followed these instructions and they worked.thanks,but my image is rigid, how do i smooth it out. and also is this the only way to do it. oh and i used trace bitmap. is that the same as powertrace????

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Yes, Abdul trace bitmap is the same as Power trace. I try and start off with a high resolution .jpeg or other image. I have used it for mainly salt water game fish, it works on these with great detail. I.E. the teeth of a spanish mackerel. Mike

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yes, Abdul trace bitmap is the same as Power trace. I try and start off with a high resolution .jpeg or other image. I have used it for mainly salt water game fish, it works on these with great detail. I.E. the teeth of a spanish mackerel. Mike
so mike, mike my image is so grainy and ridid along the outsides, how do you say i can smooth ie out. and also i never sen borders under the effects tab where can i find this again, and what is it for???

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I'm sorry I meant effects> create boundry. I just looked at my X3. Mike P.S. I just reread my previous post and did refer to effects>create boundry. Trial and error works for this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts