T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum and there is a wealth of information on here! Thanks to all the members.

I just received my samples from Anajet, Im not sure if im impressed by the quality of the shirt. I am looking to possibly purchase the MP5. I would like to know all of you experienced printers, what your thoughts were on quality from screen to press to DTG ? Which has given you happier customers and why ? .... Lets place cost on the side and not worry about it in this post. Any input would be great... Thanks.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi Divers2deep,

Welcome to the forums. Your question is difficult to answer as we all have a different idea of what "quality" is. If your standard is plastisol screen printing and you ware looking for glossy, large, bright coverage then you may feel that digital prints are not of the same quality as screen printing. If you are lookig for detail and soft hand then you will likely think that screen printing is not the same quality as digital.

Can you let us know what you are looking for in a "quality" print on a garment?

Thanks,

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don,

I think you nailed it on the head with the word " Glossy ". It appears that the colors specifically on white are very soft with DTG process. I'm trying to see if this is standard for DTG printing. I know that a lot of businesses are using this method now around the US,Have you experienced or heard of any major complaints by clients about the color differences, maybe being to Dull ?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Don,

I think you nailed it on the head with the word " Glossy ". It appears that the colors specifically on white are very soft with DTG process. I'm trying to see if this is standard for DTG printing. I know that a lot of businesses are using this method now around the US,Have you experienced or heard of any major complaints by clients about the color differences, maybe being to Dull ?
The finish of a direct to garment print can be different based on the type of sheet you use to cure it with or the method of curing. If a glossy finish is desired on a dark shirt then a Teflon sheet is the answer. If it is desired on a light colored shirt (one you would generally not print white ink on) then it would be neccessary to print white first then cure with Teflon. Direct to garment printing uses water based inks that sink into the fibers of the garment before being cured which gives the softer hand but will give a duller finish than inks that set on top of the shirts. It is not really a question of quality, rather a question of preference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.