T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
I use Wholesale T-Shirts, Blank T Shirts, Wholesale Apparel | ShirtsWholesale.com as I am only 1 month into printing t-shirts commercially. My goal is to file as a LLC in 6 months and take advantage of the price break a federal tax ID number can get from big wholesalers. I pay $2.50 - $3 per tee depending on color and shipping is free. Also, check out your local big name craft stores. I got my last small batch of 18 for $2.99/tee.

· Registered
736 Posts
I've noticed a lot of comments about the "not quite wholesalers" who sell to the public and how a tax ID will get you in with real wholesalers.

If you're not planning on buying in massive bulk it doesn't really matter, you're still not going to get wholesale price for a few dozen shirts and you're not going to get the best price for a few hundred.

· Registered
600 Posts
Most major blank wholesalers are not interested in your FEDERAL tax id (you do NOT have to have one or be an LLC to be a legitimate business) ... they are interested in your STATE SALES TAX ID. This sets you apart - that you are a business selling retail, rather than a hobbyist looking for a few cheap shirts.

Price vs. volume depends on how much business you are doing. You can get pretty good pricing from most wholesalers if you are consistently purchasing, even if the volume isn't huge. However, to get good shipping options, you need to meet certain minimums. Talk to a sales rep when you set up accounts for the best options.

· Registered
947 Posts
As mentioned, you need a State Sales Tax number to buy from most true wholesale distributors. Most all real wholesale distributors will give you case pricing no mater what quantity, even just one shirt. Some will give you skid pricing or corporate pricing once you buy enough volume and they will even give it to you without the initial volume if you ask them.

The supplier I use gives me case pricing on day to day stuff with free shipping even on sale items. If I am going to order a large amount like around 500 or more then I call them and ask for a better price. They will hand my order to a team that will run the numbers and give me the best price possible and I still get free shipping.

The key is to find a good distributor and stick with them for the most part.

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Yeah I took the time to register to get my state and fed and then negotiated my source down to case pricing and free shipping. Try to get that with a cheap-tees website. It's also poor form to discuss your wholesale prices in public forums as it potentially screws up the market when your customers do a little research and find out what your price is then come at you asking why your trying to take them over the coals by putting a margin on your blanks. Then they're just like I will buy my own and go somewhere else.. Then you have to wait until they comeback when they get hosed by cut rate printers who print on their shirts and don't replace the damages. Blah blah blah. Too much info can be a bad thing if you don't understand what your looking at.

My two cents. Toss them in a well and make a wish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.