T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the story:

I have made a blog and been working on it for a few months already, and I started a store on zazzle not more than a few days ago. Problem is, Zazzle.com is really expensive, I wish I had more income there without making my tee's prices high and there is a limited printing size which means no full printing or "belt printing" Im not sure.

Then I tried threadless.com. Submit a shirt> vote> if accepted I win x amount of money.
Problem is it's really hard to get them to accept my stuff. They approve my crappy ones and decline my good ones. But then there's voting, and most part of the community doesn't understand nothing of art.

I want to make some money with this, and at the same time not printing and shipping myself, cuz that would be expensive I guess(Im from portugal, shipping price would be big to US)

So is there places like zazzle, but better? Or threadless?

I am still new to all those things in your sections and all that so I was confused and therefore decided to make my own thread. Sorry if it was against the rules or w/e

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
There is a big fundamental difference between selling tshirts and selling designs/artwork. If you want to sell tshirts you can use a fulfillment service or get them printed by an outsourced printshop then market and sell them yourself. If you want to sell designs or artwork then just do freelance work. Contact some local businesses or Indy tshirt brands and see if they are looking for designers.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
285 Posts
Problem is, Zazzle.com is really expensive, I wish I had more income there without making my tee's prices high and there is a limited printing size which means no full printing or "belt printing" Im not sure.

Then I tried threadless.com. Submit a shirt> vote> if accepted I win x amount of money.
Problem is it's really hard to get them to accept my stuff. They approve my crappy ones and decline my good ones. But then there's voting, and most part of the community doesn't understand nothing of art.
If you want to keep going that route you can always submit to designbyhumans.

It's like threadless in that there is a voting for design but the shirts are more artistic in focus than in threadless and they aren't afraid to turn down all over designs or designs with a mixed media focus.

The competition is fierce but if you can break in there is some good money that can be made.

I drop about $150 there about every 2 weeks for just shirts and I know a whole lot of other people do so as well so like I said the sales are good.

If people like a design you made that got printed you are more likely to be printed again than other newcomers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a big fundamental difference between selling tshirts and selling designs/artwork. If you want to sell tshirts you can use a fulfillment service or get them printed by an outsourced printshop then market and sell them yourself. If you want to sell designs or artwork then just do freelance work. Contact some local businesses or Indy tshirt brands and see if they are looking for designers.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums
well I guess thats what it's called. I wanted to sell them this way because here in Portugal there's not many people buying t shirts, only a few of our friends ask us once in a while to make them a shirt, and we use the ironing method thing. But I want to go further, and sell them internationally.
I would do freelance work, but I don't see much chances there. I mean, it's Portugal, any good designer would leave this country. I can't and Im 16..
But thanks anyway, maybe I ll keep it for the future who knows

If you want to keep going that route you can always submit to designbyhumans.

It's like threadless in that there is a voting for design but the shirts are more artistic in focus than in threadless and they aren't afraid to turn down all over designs or designs with a mixed media focus.

The competition is fierce but if you can break in there is some good money that can be made.

I drop about $150 there about every 2 weeks for just shirts and I know a whole lot of other people do so as well so like I said the sales are good.

If people like a design you made that got printed you are more likely to be printed again than other newcomers.

Well in threadless it's $2000 if they accept it + $500 per shirt printed ,Now i dunno how can they profit with such high payments, but its their business.

Will check designbyhumans,thanks a lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts