T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sure this is a loaded question because there are a lot of factors involved based on what your business model is... but.... in general what do you consider your best selling T body colors for men and women? What percentage of your sales to they make up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Re: What are the best belling T colors?

Well, it depends on your market. What is your t-shirt style?

If you're doing geek and gaming, black will 70% of your sales, with size skewed into large and x-l.

If you're doing the rude and the lewd, colours will be more spread, and still slightly skewed to the larger.

threadless-style arty wit, pastel blue/grey/maroon/brown have always been the biggest sellers, with sizes mainly in medium, 25% large, a few small and xl.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The market I am targeting is very mainstream... 25-50 year old men who are into things like camping, backyard cooking, county fairs, that kind of thing. I am guessing my sizes will skew large, but I really need some decent advice on good selling t colors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Anybody? I know I misspelled "selling" but don't hold it against me! =)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

The three most popular colors are probably white, black, and gray. Red and navy are also popular though. Sizes for 25-50 year old men will be Larges, XL's, and XXL's probably, although it is impossible to predict. The sizes the I sell is always changing. Sometimes I sell alot of smalls and mediums, and other times I am selling alot of larges and XL's.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Geeks are always saying "black goes with everything" hence they buy black. I just wish they'd use those big squishy brains of theirs and take it a step further.

Black goes with everything -> I wear black pants and black jackets -> Therefore I can wear any colour of t-shirt and match

Besides, since when have geeks cared about what they look like? ;)

(admittedly I think that's the main problem, geeks don't particularly care if they look different from time to time etc., and black is the most practical colour for hiding stains)

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Solmu said:
(admittedly I think that's the main problem, geeks don't particularly care if they look different from time to time etc., and black is the most practical colour for hiding stains)
Though there are exceptions... cat hair, for example. That really shows up on black clothing and doesn't nearly as much on white. That coupled with black shirts being much hotter to wear in the summer means I generally liked lighter shirts myself. (I am certainly the minority here though; a friend of mine that runs Syswear, which is all geek/gamer shirts, sells about 7-8% White and Ash combined; the darker colors are MUCH more popular, with black topping the list.)

Basically, it heavily depends on your market. However, darker shirts do seem to be more popular than lighter shirts in general.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey lay off the geeks - personally I buy different coloured tshirts - I'm always drawn to something shiny - but one of our customers said that he liked ordering black tshirts becuase he was always pretty sure that he'd like the colour when it turned up. Wasn't keen on any others because the colours displayed on his monitor wasn't alway accurate. I though that was a bit weird but then checked out various sites on different monitors and if you look at some cheaper flat panels, the colours are awful but that's what people seem to be going for these days regardless of picture quality. So that's one angle, another is that black is oh so flattering.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd have to say I see more people wearing black but it depends on the age group. But I've also seen a lot of light colored shirts poping up on youth oriented sites.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts