T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what inks work best for showing up on dark color fabrics. I got a bunch of Versatex paints and only the Super Opaque White shows up on dark colored shirts. my red, yellow, blue all come out barely visible on the fabric. its like it soaks in or something. i was wondering if maybe i was doing something wrong with the inks themselves. maybe pressing to hard so that the ink goes into the fabric instead of laying on top of it. so any tips on using Versatex inks or names of good (professional grade) inks would be appreciated.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Screenprinters often print an under-base of white or a paler colour to deal with this. (As an experiment - if you print it and then flash and then print it again you will see it will look better. The problem of muted colour when printing on a dark fabric is well documented so you should find lots of information on it. When you do print an underbase it needs to be registered very well and 'trapped' under the colour above it by making it a bit smaller.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I was wondering what inks work best for showing up on dark color fabrics. I got a bunch of Versatex paints and only the Super Opaque White shows up on dark colored shirts. my red, yellow, blue all come out barely visible on the fabric. its like it soaks in or something. i was wondering if maybe i was doing something wrong with the inks themselves. maybe pressing to hard so that the ink goes into the fabric instead of laying on top of it. so any tips on using Versatex inks or names of good (professional grade) inks would be appreciated.

Ok, just to be sure here, you mention Versatex paints and ink...they do make both.
Use the ink when screenprinting.
Be sure to mix the ink really really well.
Very important, no matter what the color.
And yes, if you're pressing too hard, you can push the ink too deeply into the material.
Lighten up your pressure, flash as needed.

good luck and keep at it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts