T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just checking to see what everyone uses in between a tshirt when heat pressing? Is the majority foam board?
A few times I have heat pressed I can see the image burned on the back of the shirt, I adjusted the presser and heat but it seems like the best was to put cardboard in between the shirt but was wondering if there was something else better out there?
Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have never run across this problem. I press vinyl and transfers all the time with nothing in between the shirt. What time and temp. are you using? What are you tring to press?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chuck,
Its hot peel, 100% cotton shirts, I have adjusted the temp between 350-400 and leave for 12 sec, its a hit and miss, and I see the image burned through to the other side, I even adjusted the presser on the press, still I have found that putting the board in between helped but as I see the examples on you tube no one is having that problem also, so I dont know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
I would check your press temp. Don't go by what the press says. Purchase an infrared temp gun and check it in all corners and middle of the upper platten. I am going to guess that it is a lot hotter then what you think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.