T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
i like the graphics she just look soooo sad, i would wear it minus the girl or if she looked more confident, strong or even happier, even maybe resting. the graphic themselves are what drew me to it and the fact that it wraps around is great but not the saddnes or hurting, i'm not into to that. it does have some originality.
is that a bleeding heart coming from her shirt or is she creating the stump or lonely place from her heart?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, you are the SECOND person who saw the sadness in the image.. As i was drawing it, i was thinking of a person deep in thought, the swirling images and such are ideas and thoughts that were spawning from being close to nature.. maybe a little bit of sadness from the loss of a tree (the tree stump) but not really depression..

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Lindsay, she totally looks sad to me, probably because her arms are crossed in front of her body, like a defense against taking more in, and her shoulders are a bit hunched... like someone with the weight of the world on them.

Okay, that said... as far as the graphics and color, I loveddddd starting at the top of the design and working my way down... loved the colors and the images... until I got to the big brown stump. Then the stump, jeans, and boots felt too heavy and bulky to me.

In my mind, if she was sitting on something smaller scale and more delicate, like a mushroom in a color that worked in harmony with the pinks and purples, and her pants were a color that worked with the color scheme of the swirls, that would be a big plus, and her boots are too heavy, maybe barefoot (more vulnerable) or with some delicate sandles... but that is just me. Looking from the top of the shirt, the bottom changes dramatically in color scheme and *weight*. I'd like to see the same scale and color palette all the way down... does that make any sense???? :) Great idea, love the beginning view (from the top), nice job!!! :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree with Kelly. I had the same thoughts about the arm position and hunched shoulders. Having her lean on one arm, with each elbow on a knee and head slightly to one side, shoulders relaxed, would imply that she was deep in thought.

The stump is quite large, you could scale it down a bit. Brown will work with both purple and blue, personally, I think that you should just lighten the brown on the side of the stump so it is the color of the top of the stump and then lighten the top of the stump even more.

Also, play around with texture/pattern. Try adding the swirls, bark lines, holes to the trunk (also in shades of brown), that will tie in with the design and make the trunk look less heavy than the existing solid.

On the pants, you use a lighter blue to represent the folds in the fabric. Try doing that with the shirt, using a lighter shade of purple instead of a black lines. It will be more consistent with the design style and tie the shirt and pants together.

Cheryl

·
Registered
68 Posts
A step aside from the emotionl context i think the girl looks a little awkward in comparison to the rest of the image. She conveying this emotion but looks childlike/cartoony, like a kids tshirt. If she was drawn a little more in line with the swirls i think it would make a great t shirt. Maybe try drawing her in a sketchy style perhaps outline and a little more realistically and less cartoony ,it would balance well with the emotional message then.Good start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with much of what everyone else has stated, she looks depressed more than deep in thought. I would suggest altering the body language slightly in order to give the impression of thought or a more simple change might be to add a simple but elegant thought bubble that could change the direction of the viewers initial impression.

Other than the impression of emotion conveyed I think the graphics visually are compelling and personally I like them. Good Job, keep up the good work!
http://www.createmytee.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.