T-Shirt Forums banner

what about e-bay!!

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  DickTees.net 
Hello,

I have been selling t-shirts on ebay since 2000. One thing I have found is that there are a lot of others doing it as well which means there is a lot of competition out there. So I have found that you have to sell cheap......

If you are selling old stock you may want to sell them cheap anyway. We sell Custom shirts (customer emails photo etc) and find the market can't handle anymore than about $10.00us.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Jay,

I would like to know what you are doing on ebay... I have been selling custom shirts (Customers email em thier photo, I place them on our shirts and ship) on ebay for 5 years and have found that the shirts only sell when the price is about 9-10 dollars. I have never sold a shirt for 23 dollars. Nor have I even seen anyone else do it either. Please send my one of your auctions. I would really like to see that...

I think it is ebay in general. It seems to me any way that the more people sell on ebay the tougher the competition gets and the prices drop. I have heard this from other people as well. I have noticed when I do my research before Christmas each year that prices seem to be dropping.

If anything I feel that my products should be more because they are "personalized" Luckly t-shirts are my highest gross item, so have a a good margin to compete.

After reading the entries on the forum I went to ebay.com and searched for photo t-shirts. The average seems to be $9.00. I saw some as low as $6.95..

I think ebay is a great place to sell "one of a kinds" or really odd items. I think my market is more online on our web sites.... My opinion of course..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.