T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an Epson WF-7710 that I recently converted for sublimation printing but my colors are not vibrant and it just looks dull and faded.. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong but I did about 12 nozzle checks and 2 head cleanings after converting and the nozzle checks come out perfect every single time. It's just when I try to print images that the colors look really faded and inaccurate. Ex: an image of myself in front of a green screen background printed out with my face being too bright and the green screen fabric looking more blue than green.. Any ideas???
It's not you, your ICC profiles or the printer. It's the sublimation ink. It's always low contrast and dark from what you see on your monitor. No amount of colour management will change the capabilities of the ink. The only way to "correct" this issue of dark colours is to get a printer that can convert to sublimation ink with a minimum of 6 colours. The more, obviously the better.

·
Administrator
14,333 Posts
It's not you, your ICC profiles or the printer. It's the sublimation ink. It's always low contrast and dark from what you see on your monitor. No amount of colour management will change the capabilities of the ink. The only way to "correct" this issue of dark colours is to get a printer that can convert to sublimation ink with a minimum of 6 colours. The more, obviously the better.

That's a bit premature. Firstly, his post was more than a year ago. Let's hope he got it figured it out by now. Based on his question, I would have asked if he was using icc profiles.

A 6 color printer is certainly not required to obtain bright, vibrant prints.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I recently brought an Epsom WF-7720 followed all the steps to convert it to sublimation but I have issue because the color ink is not print out on the test paper... it’s just dull black lines

·
Administrator
14,333 Posts
Sublimation ink will look dull on paper. It brightens up once heat pressed.

Your CMY inks are not printing? Try to do a head cleaning through the Epson's print menu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. My name is David. Newbie Here. Here is my setup.

-Epson WF-7710
-Texprint R Paper
-Dye Sublimation Ink for my printer model sold by "Try the Ink" on Amazon
-Refillable cartridges supplied by "Try the Ink"

When I print from Adobe Photoshop, only Black ink shows up on the paper.

The ink supplier instructions said to clean the heads 5 times, so that's what I did. I made sure the air vent plugs were removed from the cartridges during printing. I have tried lots of different paper settings. The paper supplier did not send any instructions. What am I missing?
I am Here
Hello all. My name is David. Newbie Here. Here is my setup.

-Epson WF-7710
-Texprint R Paper
-Dye Sublimation Ink for my printer model sold by "Try the Ink" on Amazon
-Refillable cartridges supplied by "Try the Ink"

When I print from Adobe Photoshop, only Black ink shows up on the paper.

The ink supplier instructions said to clean the heads 5 times, so that's what I did. I made sure the air vent plugs were removed from the cartridges during printing. I have tried lots of different paper settings. The paper supplier did not send any instructions. What am I missing?
I am Here To Solve Your Queries For This Blog

21 - 25 of 25 Posts