T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
There was a discussion on it elsewhere on this board, but the term "emo" tends to scare "emo" people away.. call it denial, but most people don't care to pigeon-hole themselves to that genre. "Modern" would probably be a better term, no explaination necessary.

Pics of people wearing the shirts is always helpful. It's hard to gauge what a shirt will actually look like using your current method, and instead of explaining what kind of people would wear your shirts you can actually show those people wearing the shirts. A win-win.

GoogleAds really cheapen your brand and site.. It's a distraction to a customer and doesn't give off a successful image. Considering that you already have a logo that was drawn in MSPaint the whole thing comes off as amatuerish (I understand the artisitic sensibility behind that choice but someone else may not).

·
Registered
140 Posts
1. You have way to much text on your site. With the internet, you only have a couple of seconds to get my attention and convey your message. All that literature makes your effort fail miserably.

2. Are you selling shirts or trying to make money by any means necessary? Your google ads and ipod referral links tell me its the latter. It comes of very unprofessional and you lose legitimacy.

3. What's the map of Africa doing on your site?

4. Make the vitals available. I had to search to find your shipping policy and read through a bunch of nonsense and still don't know if I could find it again. Make all the information I need prior to purchasing readily available.

You do appear to have a decent community building and there is alot you can do to support that.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I'm mostly repeating what's gone before (which was all good advice), but:

Don't use a word (i.e. emo) if you don't know what it means. Too much text. What the heck is one of those free iPod scams doing on your homepage?! That definitely takes the cake for my 2005 "Most Unprofessional Feature Seen On A Commerce Site" award. Ditch the google ads - they're not for businesses that should be making money off their own product. Your "swiss-cake-role-thingy" is a really bad idea. There are a number of other things, but I'd say those are the most important.

You have good shirts (though they need to be better presented) and a large range, but I think you're selling them on their design strength in spite of your site design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts