T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
So we are starting to work on our price structure. Our competition sells their Tshirts from $18.99-$24.99 plus shipping. We don’t want to go that high. We want to stand out with our prices but at the same time, not sell ourselves short. So what we were thinking was this:

Heat transfer application - $2.56
Tshirt - $1.95
Handling - $2.00 (our time to package and ship)
Margin markup – 25%
Total cost to make shirt - $8.14
Our cost to sell $14.95 + shipping.
Should I included a fraction of the heat press cost in the price as well?

Are we selling ourself short? I know for us as consumers, we can’t stand to pay $15 for a shirt and if people are willing to buy for $20-25, we certainly think our prices would beat theirs.

· Registered
416 Posts
If your competition is selling theirs between $19 - $25. I would priced yours right at $22 including shipping. Make sure you specify that. Although it all comes down to the same price, having the "free" shipping makes people believe they get a better value.

Remember its easier to lower the price than to raise them. Plus you don't want to price it too low and give people the idea that it is lower quality.

Good luck!!

Sent from my HTC One X using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
135 Posts
See advice above and take note as is is sound advice. It is always easier to go lower if you are the same price as your competitor but have free shipping you will get the sale if the design is what the consumer wants.
Hope it all works out for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.