T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Roland Owners,
This sub-forum is a place to find info and discuss Roland cutters. I am a Product Manager with Roland and will be checking this forum on a regular basis to clear up any rumors and provide guidance where I can. I encourage every Roland owner to use this forum to their advantage for information and advice regarding which software, applications and accessories to get to use your device to the best of its capability. I can provide clarification if needed, but I'm mostly here to listen.

Along with t-shirt forums, here are some other excellent resources for help with your Roland:
Roland Academy Workshops
rolanddgasupport - YouTube

-Dana

· Registered
605 Posts
Hi Dana
good to see a section dedicated to the various brands.
I have a GX-24 cutter as well as a SP300i printer/cutter, both produce excellent results.

· Registered
124 Posts
Hi, I have a cx-24 I bought about 8 years ago. Still going strong but the lack of an optical eye bothers me.

I have someone willing to give me his versacamm sp-540 with laminator and server and material on a lease-to-own basis.

Yesterday I printed my first ever shirt with the 24!

Sent from my R800a using Tapatalk

· Registered
679 Posts
Great to have a Roland section... I have an old 960 that was one of the first pieces of equipment we bought about 20 years ago. It is still a workhorse. The thing just won't die. Very solid product! Can't attest to the support since in 20 years we've never needed it...

Even if we do move up to a printer/cutter, we will keep the 960 around just to cut player names.

· Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for this forum. I am a new owner of a GX 24 and just boot get the hang of things. I have read the post on the t shirt forum about pen force and all but still having issues. All of which are operator errors I'm sure. Just can't seem to comprehend what I'm doing wrong. The vinyl is not cutting right or like it did when I first purchased it. Any help would be appreciated

· Registered
3,506 Posts
Thanks for this forum. I am a new owner of a GX 24 and just boot get the hang of things. I have read the post on the t shirt forum about pen force and all but still having issues. All of which are operator errors I'm sure. Just can't seem to comprehend what I'm doing wrong. The vinyl is not cutting right or like it did when I first purchased it. Any help would be appreciated
make sure you are using the right angled blade for the material you're using and that it is new, not dull.

also adjusting pen force is a fine tuning step after setting the down force on the digital menu.

· Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am using a 45 blade. What is the average life of a blade. I have but approx 15 to 20 items when I first got it (playing) . All my issues started when I put the 60 blade to cut some template material for rhinestones. But I have am additional blade holder so I didn't actually touch the 45 blade. Is all adjustments made at the cutter or on the computer?

· Registered
534 Posts
make sure you are using the right angled blade for the material you're using and that it is new, not dull.

also adjusting pen force is a fine tuning step after setting the down force on the digital menu.
I have never touched the pen force settings as I do not understand how and when I should. A common problem I have is that on small lettering I often have small sections of vinyl that isn't cut especially in the corners. It doesn't happen with all the corners nor does it happen when the letters are enlarged. Does the GX24 have an overcut setting?Thanks for the help :)

· Registered
3,506 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am using a 45 blade. What is the average life of a blade. I have but approx 15 to 20 items when I first got it (playing) . All my issues started when I put the 60 blade to cut some template material for rhinestones. But I have am additional blade holder so I didn't actually touch the 45 blade. Is all adjustments made at the cutter or on the computer?
so what material are you trying to cut with the 45 blade? regular sign vinyl? vinyl for apparel deco?

i use eco film apparel deco vinyl and the blade down force suggested is anywhere from 90 - 110. i have mine set above that at 120 gf, just because for my machine it cuts better.
(explained on page 43 of the user's manual)

all these adjustments are made on the machine itself.

always do the test cut before doing a job by hitting the test button and adjust from there.

· Registered
321 Posts
Great thread to keep in touch , I have the sp 540 and the small gx24 made an error a few years back by going for non roland inks, ruined the heads. Had new heads and stuck with roland inks and not 1 problem since.
! question though which is something that has been in the back of my mind for a while, we have to constantly roll the banner material out before it goes through the printer as it gives a motor error if not. have I been doing something wrong for years or are we supposed to do this, its a bit of a pain when doing 10 metre banners.
we have the uptake attachment for the front end (which is brilliant for faster production)but wondered if there was something similar for the back to unwind.
thanks
john

· Registered
8 Posts
It's best to unroll any media that's heavy or on a large roll, it's easier on the machine and will give you better prints. Yes it is a pain but it's better than having an error while your printing something and it gets ruined.

· Registered
158 Posts
I purchased my first cutter about 4 months ago and really love it.

The combination of this Great Forum and a great cutter we have been very busy making T-Shirts and decals.

Now I'm on the hunt for a good printer.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.