T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a newbie at sublimation and trying to print my designs on a Bella shirt that is Poly 65%/Viscose 35%. I currently use a Epson-7710 printer with Cobra Ink and I print on TextPrint XPHR sublimation paper. I use kraft paper over my transfer paper when pressing. I have been printing out images on the paper just fine by occasionally cleaning the print heads. Also, had done many tests on the shirts by adjusting the pressure and temperature and the imagery seemed fine on the shirt (the only problem was the transfer paper left marks...but I solved that). Now after solving the transfer paper issue, my design looks unevenly colored. There are sporadic faded bleach-like spots all over the design. I did tests with my new heat/pressure settings with no problem, but when starting to press full designs for photographs this issue started to happen. Does anyone know what causes this? Still uneven pressure? Humidity? Temperature? This newbie definitely needs help!

Here is an image of the shirt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13gqIIAJG7WBIPzw0gufkvMsFpl_4RaVd/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah I am thinking it is a pressure issue.

I bought a used older HIX press that was barely used. Everything seemed in order to a newbie like me so I purchased it. When running tests I realized this material needs not to much pressure. When adjusting pressure settings I noticed that there is more pressure towards the back and gradually decreases towards the front ("clearance" I believe it is called). I can't figure out how to resolve that issue. I purchased the "mouse-pad" material pad from Heat Press Nation thinking that would solve it but no it hasn't. I am thinking I may need to purchase a brand new heat press because there is a major difference in pressure from front to back. Or I use more pressure so it covers the area more and less time? More tests....yippie!

The temperature that seems to work when I sorta get a nice print is 360 degrees at 45 seconds.

To reduce the transfer paper marks I rip the edges around the design to feather the edges and use a lint roller over the shirt after immediately pressing. That seems to work the best that I don't see an edge (or it is "barely" there).

Maybe you have more suggestions? I am hoping I can solve all these issues and get going with my clothing business I want to start.

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
I would call Hix. Their presses are guaranteed for life.

Here is what they say on their tech page: Even and consistent pressure for the entire time is critical for good transfer application. Poor alignment of the heat head with lower platen, warped castings, and pad buildup or void (air pocket or trouble in pad) all contribute to pressure failures.

Meantime a workaround is to use a smaller pad or towel just on that portion of the press not getting enough pressure.

Thanks for the tip on paper lines. I knew about the ripping but the lint roller is new for me.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I would call Hix. Their presses are guaranteed for life.
The lifetime warranty is only for the original owner. The poster said they bought it used, so the warranty would not apply.
But they may be able to offer advice as how to get even pressure with that press.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.