T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
For me, the lighting is the key. You have to have the lighting at just the right angle. I've never done glitter but Polyflex black gives me eyestrain. :cool:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I use glitter vinyl all the time. (The thicker one not the thin glitter flex) and I have never had an issue seeing the cut lines. What brand is this glitter vinyl you are using? But as stated I do have a light clamped to the table if I need it but never really had an issue with seeing the lines.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I agree with the earlier posts. You need to tilt your vinyl at different angles towards the light to see the cutlines on certain materials.

What type of Glitter is it?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Hey guys! Thanks for the replies. The vinyl I am using is the Enduratex Galaxy Glitter from SignWarehouse
Yes, that's a tough one to see the cutlines on....

Another good tip is to make a weed border around what you cut. This way you can just look for a corner and pull! :D

·
Registered
996 Posts
You can't beat them "weed borders".

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've had good results by curling or rolling the cut design, vinyl side out. This will help you see the cut lines because the vinyl will separate a little where the cut lines are.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have used the roll method and have also used graphic dust, as its fine enough to find the cut lines. Can get it a wally world real cheap.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Hey Steven, I get the same problem with Bling from Imprintables.
The silver is hard to see but I have had good results with all the other colors. Have you tried holding it to a light source to see the lines? I did a sample yesterday with silver bling and had to go that way to see them.

·
Registered
230 Posts
have you tried baby powder inside a sock ? I use blue chalk powder when I weed my white sign vinyl, never used on heat transfer vinyl, but wanted to throw it out there, it might work

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having terrible trouble weeding my cricut glitter vinyl. I can see the cut but it seems like the glitter did not cut. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Did you try to cut with 2 passes? Not familiar with cricut vinyl, but maybe that would help. Hopefully your question does not get lost, as this thread is seven years old.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts