T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been awhile since I've been on this site and I have forgotten many things! This site being one of the friendly and most helpful I've ever been on, I'm sure you guys can refresh my memory. What are some free sites for selling shirts on the internet, but most important, which are the best? All I can think of ATM is bigcartel.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you looking to do the fulfillment yourself and you just need an online storefront to take the orders?
If you mean personally shipping the orders, then yes. I thought thatd be a better way to start. Knowing how to do it, and do it right should be known, yes? If you think someone should do it for me then let me know haha. My mom use huge into ebay and she shipped things all the time professionally. I'm sure she could be of help.

I just need a website for taking orders, and space.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
If you mean personally shipping the orders, then yes. I thought thatd be a better way to start. Knowing how to do it, and do it right should be known, yes? If you think someone should do it for me then let me know haha. My mom use huge into ebay and she shipped things all the time professionally. I'm sure she could be of help.

I just need a website for taking orders, and space.
Sounds like BigCartel, Shopify, and Storenvy would be your options then.

Since they are free, you could sign up for each and see which one YOU prefer. I'm sure each person has their own favorites for their own reasons :)

I've used Storenvy before and the interface is pretty nice.

Whichever you choose, remember that you'll still need to do your own marketing and advertising to generate sales for your stores. Just having a store online won't get you sales.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like BigCartel, Shopify, and Storenvy would be your options then.

Since they are free, you could sign up for each and see which one YOU prefer. I'm sure each person has their own favorites for their own reasons :)

I've used Storenvy before and the interface is pretty nice.

Whichever you choose, remember that you'll still need to do your own marketing and advertising to generate sales for your stores. Just having a store online won't get you sales.

Yes I know haha. Ive done my fair share of research. We are going to start local and have the website up, then go from there. My brother works for a t shirt company, so I have connections. I can get my stuff printed there and t shirts for very cheap. Its also 10 mins from my house.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Etsy is OK... they have some techincal problems and issues like not being able to list T-shirts with a size dropdown - instead you have to make each size and color a separate listing, which makes your shop messy and awkward.

I also sell on my main website and recently it has surpassed Etsy in sales and traffic. I'm thinking of letting my Etsy listings expire, focusing on my main site and maybe putting some of my shirts on Storenvy to see what happens. I haven't fully set up a shop there yet though.

Storenvy looks nice though - I like how much more customizeable it is than Etsy, and the social shopping thing. Their printing service is good too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts