T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody,

Finally my new website is live. I would like to get remarks and criticism on the site, the navigation and the designs [or whatever else attracts your attention] so I can improve it.

I tested it using FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and [to some extend] Explorer.
In case something does not load, loads very slow or acts weirdly / unexpected, pls tell me and mention the browser you're using.

The site can be found here.

NB - Something I was thinking about: would it make sense to have a seperate site for European customers [ euro-payments] and rest of the world [USD-payments] ?
In other words, how do i.e. US customers perceive prices in euro's, can it be a problem ?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
169 Posts
You're in dire need of an image revamping there.

That logo feels almost blurred to me.

Also, from inside your shop, there doesn't seem to be a button to get back to the home page.

Also, what are you going to do once you get more than 12 items?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not sure what logo you're referring to - my logo is in the upper right corner and razor sharp with a drop shadow.

The background image is indeed blurred, intentionally, to create depth.

I am surprised you did not see the home button - it has a clear 'home-icon' on top of it.
Did you find the 'info' page ? Did you check the music button ?
Or did you overlook all the green buttons ? Isn't it clear that those are buttons ? Do I need to add text there ?

More than 12 designs: More pages will do the trick. And smaller thumbnails, more thumbnails on each page...

Any remarks on the designs ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Your logo itself is, as you put it, 'razor sharp' but I assume you understand that when you put a drop shadow on it, its sharpness is severely compromised, and it becomes a softer design.

I'm not surprised at ALL that I didn't find it. The logical thing to do is to link your logo back to your home page or to have your nav links on the top. That's what most designers do, thus your visitors are used to it. Your business isn't the place to experiment with new navigation styles.

This is what you have now.. there's hardly ANY difference, so obviously I wasn't looking there. And to be honest, they look like pointless buttons.

You need to change your whole navigation style.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like your designs, they are simple and neat.

Frankie I think it's a good advice to have your logo link you back to home page, i'm gonna do that to my site RIGHT NOW! Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not surprised at ALL that I didn't find it.
[....] And to be honest, they look like pointless buttons.

You need to change your whole navigation style.
Hmmm.. thanks a lot for your remarks.

Interesting line of thought, BTW. Why would someone have pointless buttons on his website ?

The buttons are also supposed to light up when you hover over them with the mouse - and display a message indicating what they do when clicked. I assume these functions didn't work when you visited ? What browser were you using ?

I'm going to reconsider some things straight away.

How do you feel about the preview function I use: first a color guide pops up, and when you click a color you'll see the chosen shirt with the design, full screen.

Thanks again for your remarks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh, the buttons works exactly how they're supposed to. It's just the user's eyes don't gravitate to them the way they should.. and most people don't want to hover over a link to see where they're going to be directed to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everybody,

Finally my new website is live. I would like to get remarks and criticism on the site, the navigation and the designs [or whatever else attracts your attention] so I can improve it.

I tested it using FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and [to some extend] Explorer.
In case something does not load, loads very slow or acts weirdly / unexpected, pls tell me and mention the browser you're using.

The site can be found here.

NB - Something I was thinking about: would it make sense to have a seperate site for European customers [ euro-payments] and rest of the world [USD-payments] ?
In other words, how do i.e. US customers perceive prices in euro's, can it be a problem ?

Thanks in advance!
First thought...it need to be tightened up, literally. Everything on the home page is too big, there's no space for the eye...My eye didn't know where to go

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I agree with the previous posters. The navigation and content is all over the place. It seems like you designed the background first, then tried to place the content wherever it fit. There is no continuity. I know you are trying to be different, but most consumers want to find your product and checkout. You are making that tough and confusing.

Just a personal preference, but I don't like the pop up info when rolling over buttons. It makes it feel like a tutorial, like you are teaching me how to navigate your site. Just type the info right on the page so I know where to go.

I think you need better branding on the site. The site is "special-tshirts," the logo is "dD," but there is no identification as to what any of that means. It comes off as a random amateur site, not a professional brand. And the t-shirt designs on the home page are very random. That's ok if that's your style. I think the artwork is good. But it's hard to tell your branding, theme or target market when initially visiting your site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on getting your website up.

I feel like everything is compressed into a tiny amount of space. You've got plenty of room all around, I'd spread it out a bit so it flows a little better.

Your navigation and features are all over the place, which is rather confusing. It seems as if they were dropped in a blender and tossed every which way(that poll on the right side looks lost in space).

I also feel like there's no consistency with the background images. It seems to vary in size based on the page(logo too). I think you need to tighten this up a bit more to improve your website. Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First, I want to thank everybody that took the time to check my site and give feedback.

Interesting how a site that is not the standard Wordpress or Joomla template [or a similar table/gridbased design] is seen as 'inconsistent', 'all over the place', 'lacking continuity' etc..

Anyway, I got to work and redesigned everything with particular attention to navigation and consistency this time, without compromising my 'personal look' [important IMO, because a site is also a business-card and should underline the ideas that are expressed in the shirt designs, if possible].

So have a look at the revamped site here and let me know what you think.

I would also like to know how fast everything loads, since all pages are on a SSL connection and have large pictures all over the place.

Thanks in advance everybody!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Much much MUCH better. I can easily see where I'm going now, and your site has a much better navigation flow than it did before.

My previous gripes about your logo have been resolved with a simple color change.

Congrats on making it so much better, and in a timely manner.

It's great to see people actually take criticism well, and put it to good use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts