T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question: one of the stategies that i plan on using to attract members to my site and keep them comming back, is to create a comic page that i update every so often. in addition i also plan on referencing current events in the comic page and also local businesses and attractions.
for example i might have it in the story line where the main character is eating at a know burger stand thats in my city, or i might have it in the story line where the main character is attracted to a local news reporter, or a character might comment on a political topic referencing someone in politics.

Im curious to know what would be the consiquences of doing this or is it totally exceptable?

thanks in advance

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Sounds like a great idea, i do something similar except it's a fictional version of the city that i write about in a blog

Being fictional I change the names of stuff just enough so as not to cause anyone any problems (mind you I can't think what sort of problems) If you're concerned maybe change the names of things?

I design T-shirts realted to things that happen in the blog and i find writing the blog gives me good ideas for new designs. Plus it keeps me motivated to do new things.

I love the idea of a comic book page, hope it works for you

Good Luck

· Registered
321 Posts
I'd like to raise the topic again about webcomics. Did it work for you? I'm thinking about it as a means of bringing in visitors. I'm just considering all the options now though and what would suit but it does seem like a good idea. Not sure who i would get to design the webcomic for me though. Would that be with a freelance webcomic artist?

· Registered
114 Posts
A webcomic can be a big thing but it is liable to start out small in hits just like a blog it could get huge hits. I am actually buying an ad on a webcomic that has a VERY decent readership. (I just saw the results of a one day ad on this same webpage for a friends store) This webcomic has been up a LONG time though so it has a great established readership. I may be making a mistake taking my conservative store into it (but I think I have a loose enough sense of humor to connect) I will know for sure in a few weeks.

· Registered
321 Posts
So its a better idea to advertise on a webcomic site rather then making your own. Couldnt you have one linked to your site more closely though? I'm aiming for a military style theme with mine and having a comic to look at each week might prove popular. Sadly, I dont have any friends who design webcomics. But which would be more effective? Advertising on a popular and established webcomic which might cost or hiring a freelance webcomic artist to make a specific comic for your website? Any ideas folks?

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
But which would be more effective? Advertising on a popular and established webcomic which might cost or hiring a freelance webcomic artist to make a specific comic for your website?
Advertising on any targeted website (webcomic, blog, search engine, etc) is a good way to bring potential customers to your site.

Creating your own unique content (like a webcomic) isn't necessarily a "direct" advertising method, but it can be a good way to get people to your website (to view the comic and what comes next). It can be a way to set your site apart from others in the field.

If you aren't drawing the comics yourself, it might be expensive to continue to hire out a graphic designer to create a comic line on a regular basis.

Places like elance.com, ifreelance.com, designoutpost.com, guru.com are some places where you can find freelance artists.

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Despotte said:
If you are over at CP (and I believe you are)
Nope, I'm not at CP.

Despotte said:
the comic is Something Positive I am pointing them to my Gnomes Shirts
Ah yes, I know SP. It's one of the many comics I've read a few of here and there but haven't yet gotten around to reading through - it seems pretty good. Good luck with the campaign.

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Despotte said:
Solmu sorry I thought I was answering RODNEY LOL
No problem - he had the same confusion when I got the black t-shirt too, so he's blue now :)

Rodney is indeed over on CP (how he finds the time for it all I'll never know... I suspect cyborg involvement somehow).

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
hongkongdmz said:
How much would a webcomic site charge you for advertising?
That varies a lot. Some webcomics are big enough that a link from them could well crash your server. Others are teeny tiny and desperate for money. Obviously every stage in between is also covered.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.