T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope this is the right place to post these q's.

Regarding..

E shop(with payment being done on paypal):

1. what Gigabite wold you guys recommend the web space to be? (starting off with 8-9 design)

2. how much should the gigabite be for the traffic/monthly transfer?

Trade Show (first time vendor):

1. for a medium size show how many tees would you recommend preparing? (ie, 200-300 for all design combine...so on)

2. are people more willing to spend money at trade show?

3. should you allow consumer to haggle with you? it's a trade show not a flea market. correct?

Thank you in advance! if you know any other tips feel free. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Trade Show Concerns

i run a forum with an average about 70,000 hits per day and only use about 19-20 gb of bandwidth per month since there is no major up or down loading of files. as long as your pictures and site is reasonable and efficent then 200-300gb of transfer should be more then plently imho. if you find you need more, you can always up grade your service

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

Most hosting plans will offer you more than you need. If your website is larger than even one gig then chaces are it's bloated - thus taking too long for customers to load and chewing through your bandwidth.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts

FatRabbitFarm said:
2. are people more willing to spend money at trade show?

3. should you allow consumer to haggle with you? it's a trade show not a flea market. correct?

Thank you in advance! if you know any other tips feel free. :)
2. Yes. But essentially it's the same as selling the internet - you can't just sit around and wait for people to come up and buy your stuff, you have market it. You have to talk to people and get them to come take a look.

3. I don't know what you mean by "allow". People are going to haggle with you whether or not you like it. How you deal with it is up to you. At trade shows, if people haggled with me I would offer them a nice discount if they buy 2 items instead of 1. If they take the deal, they are serious, otherwise they are just trying to get something for nothing, so don't worry about it.

Do a search for "trade shows" on the forums, you will come up with a few more discussions on this topic. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts