T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How helpful is this in terms of advertising? I mean, have you ever gotten sales from random people by simply wearing your shirts?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I wear my own stuff everyday,on some shirts I even put on the back ask me about custom shirts. I always put my website address on them. I went out with friends last night after work and was wear a crude shirt , I had made the Club owner loved it. He ordered 24 to sell. He also had the band announce the shirts would be for sell next week or pre order today. I also wnet to a diner accross from the club and she wants me to put shirts in for sale too. I think wearing your stuff is ta great form of advertisement. .... JB

·
Registered
804 Posts
all i wear are my own shirts.... i actually gave about 6 garbage bags full of shirts to the homeless shelter...these were my non-237am shirts...

if you dont market yourself....who will

b

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have... I was in the local Wal-mart and was wearing what I call my billboard shirt, which has everything we do on the back of it, and a guy came up to me and gave me his business card and asked if we can make him some hats and shirts, so we got the business.

·
Registered
32 Posts
All the shirts in my closet seem to be my own. I think if they're designs you like, why not? That's the reason I got into this. If the design is good enough, you are bound to have people ask about it. I've had quite a few sales by wearing my own stuff. At the very least, you're sporting some cool gear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ya it has to be the best way to market your own products. When my t-shirts are finally made and here in my hands, im going to wear them and give some out to friends so they can promote them aswell. Cant wait to show my stuff off and spread the word!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I always wear mine, people comment on them and generally seem to like them so I certainly can't do any harm! It isn't exactly going to make your sales jump but if it sells the odd one or two then it's worth it, plus you get to wear a T shirt you designed yourself, what could be better!

People are far more likely to buy things if they see other people buying and using them.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I have... I was in the local Wal-mart and was wearing what I call my billboard shirt, which has everything we do on the back of it, and a guy came up to me and gave me his business card and asked if we can make him some hats and shirts, so we got the business.
Can you give us a sample of what your "billboard" looks like ? I have little to no imagination but can take a sample and then get my own ideas.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
How helpful is this in terms of advertising? I mean, have you ever gotten sales from random people by simply wearing your shirts?
I think it depends on what your designs are.

If you have designs that are "conversation starters", then whether you wear them or a customer wears them, you will get people asking about them.

I've actually had several sales in my online store from people saying that they saw someone wearing my t-shirts and they asked them where they got them. I have a spot on my order form that asks where they heard about the site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wearing your shirts is great promotion and can be also a great moral booster. My website was up for a few weeks but I still hadn't made any sales, I thought it was because people just didn't like my designs. I started wearing my designs and all of them got positive comments, so I decided to keep pushing for a little while longer.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I cater to corporate by making promotional items but I find that everywhere you look I have some type of product with my company's informatin on it. I hand them out every chance I get. My family, friends, neighbors, and some strangers have benefited. I have actually gotten quite a few sales from this. My Neighbor happens to be the community HOA President and I was given the job of making all the neighborhood community yard signs for recent grads, the shirts for the softball summer league, and t-shirt orders for the end of summer community picnic. Yes self promotion works!

We are our best marketing tool.

Katrina

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depends on who you are I guess. If you are seen as a "trendsetter", then yes, it's the best and cheapest way yo market your t-shirts. If you're not, it's more important to identify people in your network that is, and get them to wear your shirts.

·
2,957 Posts
I don't think you necessarily need to be a "trendsetter".

As an example, I sold 3 shirts yesterday to complete strangers just because they liked the shirt I happened to be wearing.

One shirt I sold to a young college student that worked at the pharmacy. He liked my shirt and wanted to know where I got it. I told him, and he bought 1 right there.

Later that day, I was in the grocery store and 1 of the elderly women that walk around asking: "Can you find everything ok?", said she liked the "saying" on my shirt.:)

I proceeded to tell her about my brand, and she bought 1 for herself and a different design for her husband!:D

I'm no "trendsetter". Just walking around in my product doing everyday stuff.;)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts