T-Shirt Forums banner

We should all aspire to have a site like this.

1K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Twinge 
#1 ·
http://www.glarkware.com/

Sorry if it's been posted before, but I honestly can't see anything wrong with any of the designs or the site itself.. What do you think, Solmu?

#2 ·
Chris said:
http://www.glarkware.com/

Sorry if it's been posted before, but I honestly can't see anything wrong with any of the designs or the site itself.. What do you think, Solmu?
As the grumpiest one here, eh? :D

Yeah, Glarkware is definitely one of the better t-shirt websites. I've often wished they printed on shirts I could wear :(

I especially love their description for the Khan shirt.

#9 ·
to me , this site is not really that great. The design is decent, but there are some things I dont like:

The header image doesnt tell anything about the site. When your selling something, its not good to be cute and artistic. Its good to be uprfont (this is the shirt Im selling, this is how much it costs, and heres how you buy it. I also dont like the product pages for this same reason. They give an entire essay before each shirt about the meaning of the shirt, and have the buy buttons at the bottom of the page. "I want you to buy more ribbons" really doesnt need any explanation. This site is OK, but is not perfect by any means.

With ecommerce, its not about seducing your potential customers...its about WAM! BAM! SLAM! this is what I have to offer! If you dont like it move to the next site. People on average will spend less than a minute on your site. Do you want them to spend that minute reading text or looking at products?

#10 ·
Hmm...that's pretty persuasive, jdr. I'm typically a useability freak myself - achieve the desired end-goal as smoothly and as quickly as possible. However, there is something kind of cool about creating an ancillary experience at the same time (in this case, having some off-beat copy to read and maybe chuckle over). I dunno.

On second thought - heck. You're right. It's all about commerce.

#12 ·
You can tell that this store however has a very established fan base right now and can get away with alot. The humourous descriptions tie in well with what this brand is trying to represent. Actually, it's the only thing I liked.

The navigation isn't descriptive. I think the product listings aren't displayed in a clear manner but the product pages themselve look good. The font is too small. By no means should the average person, in my opinion, strive to have a store like this. It's defintely not the paradigm for the average store.

#13 ·
It's not a design that other stores should emulate, no. Sure the title of this thread is hyperbole, but I imagine that was the point.

But in terms of not being an actively bad design (there are flaws, but they're not that important really) and, most importantly, having its own style and feel it does a good job. Too many sites look the same. Half of the sites Bougie mentioned for example can't really be differentiated from one another (I'm not saying they aren't good, but they're not unique).

Admittedly differentiating yourself by being flawed isn't a great idea, but some of the things other people don't like (i.e. overly textual descriptions) I actually regard as features.

#15 ·
I think I'd have to agree with jdr8271 on this one.

I don't think the overly descriptive text is a problem by itself. That can be a good thing. Often I find sites with little to NO description of their t-shirts, which is definitely a bad thing.

I think the problem with the descriptive text here is that you have to scroll through it all to get to the add to cart button. I think if they placed the add-to-cart above the fold or in the middle of the text (maybe after the first paragraph sort of as a teaser), it would work much better.

I think the t-shirt images are great, but the navigation to get to them could be more clear. I'd put the free shipping banner up in the header so it is more easily seen.

I do like the fact that the site has a very unique style (helps with branding and word of mouth), but style doesn't have to get in the way of useability.

#16 ·
I liked the whole site in general. The design is pretty neat and clean, didn't find it hard to navigate (granted that the tees don't all jump out at you on the very first page), and the descriptions are really great; I especially liked the one for the 'Are we there yet?' t-shirt!

In my opinion, details like font size, or whether the descriptions are too long or too short, really don't matter; what it all boils down to is whether one likes the t-shirts' design and sense of humor - if that's the case, you're gonna gobble it up like candy! :p

BTW, Lafraise.com is awesome!

#19 ·
TSHIRTHUB said:
Nice sites - what do you guy's think of my designs?
Love the Polish Tee. Reminds me of when the Statue of Liberty was being refinished and there was a big ceremony for the unvieling. A ship from Poland was going to be there to watch the ceremony but it got lost and they showed up a few days late.

Priceless.
No offense to our Citizens of Polish decent. Love the sausage.

#21 ·
everyone has come to the basic consensus that Lafraise.com has a great site, and i think the reason boils down to layout, all their shirts are on the front page where you can also automatically buy the t-shirt. It's a great concept, think I might include it into my site redesign. MY question is tho that glarkware has something called "e-cards" that you can send to your friends, anyone find those particularly useful or that it helps generate leads/sales?

#23 ·
Solmu said:
Err... no we haven't. I for one have never liked LaFraise's website.

(and currently it doesn't render properly in my browser, which makes things even worse)
I don't dislike it, but it certainly isn't as amazing as a lot of people are saying it is. Almost too bright and colorful, and the links for important stuff like shipping prices and sizing charts are hidden in vague image icons.

This probably all boils down to the fact that there is no such thing as a perfect website =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.