T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My parter created the artwork by hand for the tshirts (we have it in a pdf format now).

Our next challege is to try to find the right graphic artist and vendor to transfer the art design to the tshirt. We were told that in order to do this we need to create a vector file and go from there.

We are in the greater Atlanta area, please let us know if you have any suggestions. Again we are new to this and need help. This is alot more work than we thought going into the this. The goal is to create tshirts that have a higher quality look and feel.

Thxs.

Stasia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. So are you saying that there is no need to hire a graphic artist to create vector files? I'm not good with any of the drawing software.

Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The Free Serif site is fairly easy to grasp, and I would argue much easier to learn than let's say Adobe - especially if you are coming from a non-technical side. I'd try rendering out in Serif first, if you get stuck you can always hire an artist, but it might not be necessary.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, what about finding some nice vendors to create fitted tshirts? I think the shirts they have on the DeviantArt site is what were looking for. I guess we need to go with tagless? And How will we know the quaility will be there? In the past it did not work out for us when the vendor was printing straight from a pdf file.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The vendor should give you the specs on what they need the file to be, i.e. jpeg, pdf, tiff, etc. Just make sure you upload to their design specs and you shouldn't have a problem. Also, they make charge an 'art' fee for getting the image properly formatted. Also, some vendors will allow you to pick what type of apparel you want or you can provide them with the shirts and they do the transfer.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think you would be paying alot if will be using a graphic artist for all your drawn artwork.
There are online businesses that specialize in converting graphics into vector.
One I use from time to time is www.keystonedistributors.com. Check it out to see samples/pricing.
You can probably find more by googling "vectorizing graphics" or something similar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, we actually met with a graphic artist last night. He was going to charge us $350 per design to vector the artwork.

I will take at look at the website. By the way the graphic artist told us, "you get what you pay for"

Thanks again! I will keep u posted on progress. We are going to ISS Seminar in Atlanta (were based here) in a couple of weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts