T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all probably seen watermarks on our pressed metal especially when first starting out or when testing a new metal.

The thing is, I do not think its water that is causing this "orange peel" effect.

I put the metal with watermarks under a microscope and those watermarks look like paper.

It makes sense. When you apply too much pressure to a softer coated metal, the paper will peel off and get embedded into the coating of the metal.

Too much heat and/or too much pressure and this is what you will experience.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yea. I don't know. I know that as soon as I take off the protective plastic on the Dynasub inserts for phone cases, I already see spottiness. No matter what I do, they don't seem to come off Pre or Post pressing. I've tried basic glass cleaner and just soapy water Pre and Post pressing to no avail.

My Chromaluxe inserts are no problem and are clean and smooth Pre and Post pressing. Using the same paper and even at a higher pressure.

Both finished products come out with correct colors. I just think it's the quality of Dynasub (thin coating), versus thicker coating inserts like Chromaluxe, that make the difference.

Please post some pics so we can compare between what our inserts look like.

We are actually discussing this similar topic here:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dye-sublimation/t347009.html

Take a peek and post pics here in your thread or over there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.