T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using water washout plates. I can get close to getting the etch to the correct depth but, can't seem to hit it right on the head. It's always a little too deep.
I'm using a Vastex E2331 light table, it has six 20 watt white black light fluorescent bulbs.
I do the first burn at 1.5 minutes, remove the positive, add the 200 lpi positive, burn it again for 1.5 minutes then washout the plate for 1 minute.
I've tried to increase the 2nd burn with the halftone to achieve a etch with less depth but this seems to add a texture to the plate and the ink cup sticks to it and does not slide easily when printing. I've also decreased the washout time to 30 seconds to try to achieve a lesser depth on the etch.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Are there plates that don't require a 2nd burn with the halftone screen? I would like to get some plates that has emulsion that is the correct depth so I just have to do 1 burn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its not a matter of getting a plate that doesn't require a second burn. That etch the lines screen puts in helps the cup make a clean "squeegee" when going across it so it doesn't leave excess ink behind.

Unfortunately there is not 1 time setting that works for everyone because it is affected by the brand of plate you are using, the intensity of your bulbs and sometimes even the exposure unit itself.

However if your etch is too deep I would lengthen the time on your first exposure. This fixes that issue with the plates we sell and should work with whatever plates you are buying from your distributor.

If you need additional help feel free to send me a PM and I will try to help the best I can.

Bryan
Impression Technology
Impression Technology USA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts