T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good, easy to use emulsion with water resistance for water-based and discharge printing. I have been using Holden's 250, which is good as far as water resistance but is very difficult to use. I am pretty new to screen printing, I have been doing well with burning images with emulsions made for plastisol, but this particular emulsion has been giving me much trouble. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
250 is Holden's regular water resistant emulsion. They also have a premium WR emulsion 250WP.

Autotype, Chromaline, KIWO, Murakami, Ulano all make WR emulsions, so you should be more specific about how you find the emulsion hard to use.

The character of water resistance means it takes longer to wash out, and longer for water based stencil remover to penetrate and breakdown the cross links that hold the stencil in the mesh.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest, the problems I've been having are my fault. I didn't realize that this particular type of emulsion needed a much longer burn time, so every screen that I had coated had problems. However, having only used this one type of emulsion for water-based printing, I wanted to get some feedback on recommended brands so I can try some more options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts