T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer that wants me to use a water based ink (for the soft hand) on a 100% “viscose” polyester garment. I am wondering if that is even possible.

The garment is the Bella B8800 Racerback Tank. I was planning on using Matsui 301RC ink.

My main concerns are: Will the ink work on the garment and produce the results I need, and Will the garment be able to withstand the curing process (I’m afraid it will melt!)

Any and all feedback will be appreciated!

· Registered
2,940 Posts
We do this some at our shop. We really like the Matsui undercoat binder then we generally use their stretch inks and they seem to hold up rather well
Does the underbase binder have any opacity to it (white)? In other words, is it necessary to print a white overprint, then overprint color on that white, or does the underbase binder have enough opacity to use under color alone?

· Registered
25 Posts
No the undercoat binder is a black ink with dye blockers within. almost like a dyno grey that you'd still want to throw an underlay white on top of if you're printing plastisol. For a good white print on black shirts with a lot of viscose or poly in them and you want water-based inks we use Matsui prodcuts. Undercoat binder flash 301-W(white) flash 301-W. Ow neo formula colors work better on dark garments and the RC's are best on light garments since they are mostly clear base. Matsui just came out with a new top coat white as well that we need to get in and play with. you can also substitute the 301-W with the Stretch White that matsui offers and the undercoat binder can be diluted with 10 to 20 percent clear base or stretch clear for better workability/flex.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.