T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was an earthquake on Thursday in Los Angeles and it shook my place so hard that my water based ink fell off my shelf and spilled on my blanks!!!!

Black ink over white and blue blanks!! I just got back from San Diego and the ink is all dried up...anything I can do to get my blanks back?? It soaked through the white blanks on the side pretty well and the blue blanks have a couple splatter marks all over it!

NEED HELP ASAP!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

· Registered
179 Posts
Hey ktbbrand,

I wouldn't use bleach. You might get the stains out but it might also ruin the blanks. I would use a standard stain remover like "Shout" or "OxyClean". I have personally seen OxyClean remove water based ink stains I thought would never come out.

Typically, if the ink is wet still you can blot it out with a damp rag. If that doesn't do the job try a little soap and warm water. You should be able to remove most of the stain. Then finish it off in the wash with OxyClean.

In your case (since the ink has dried) I would use "Shout" then wash with OxyClean. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Also, here's a interesting article about ink stains.... Home remedy to get ink out of clothes - from How.com

· Registered
428 Posts
One more thing about bleach...

sometimes we have issues with our direct to garment printing and need to get rid of little spots. Bleach works, but be very careful. We've found that residual bleach discolors when it's heated (heat press). Even if it washes out, it's not acceptable to present it to the customer.

· Registered
4,323 Posts
So i tried shout and oxyclean...it did take out some of the ink but not completely. I tried bleach and the fabric felt really low quality. I'll just donate these to goodwill or something. :(

KK,, tie die these that have spillage, in the colors of the spillage,,,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.