T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m looking for some tips for printing on fleece with water based inks. I’m printing on darker garments and if I could go over twice the colors would POP, but due to slippage of the fleece garments it’s also risky! And my images are fairly detailed, only one color ink though. Screens are 200 mesh. We are using sticker paper on the platens. I’m kinda wondering if using bigger platens would be better? To hold the garment really still to be able to hold it in place for a better base layer and then be able to go over it once more like I do with tees! Thank you for any insight. I have all these cute crop hoodies now where the image just doesn’t pop and it’s frustrating.

· Registered
4,694 Posts
You would do better with one of the water based pallet adhesive products than sticky paper. I've used Tekmar TB-HV as well as ProChem ProBound. Both work great. Just need to clean off lint buildup with a damp sponge now and then; hoodies lint things up quickly. I use a plastic tool intended for spreading Bondo to smear it evenly over the pallet. There are also the spray adhesives, but I don't want to turn myself and my entire shop into fly paper, so I don't mess with the spray can stuff.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would do better with one of the water based pallet adhesive products than sticky paper. I've used Tekmar TB-HV as well as ProChem ProBound. Both work great. Just need to clean off lint buildup with a damp sponge now and then; hoodies lint things up quickly. I use a plastic tool intended for spreading Bondo to smear it evenly over the pallet. There are also the spray adhesives, but I don't want to turn myself and my entire shop into fly paper, so I don't mess with the spray can stuff.
Thank you! I’lol try one of those. The gal I print with (her shop and equipment) said the stuff she used before left a film on the inside of the hoody, maybe it was the spray stuff. And that’s why she now uses the roll of sticky paper (not sure the name). Anyways, any issues with the inside of the garment being funny from the either of the products you mentioned. Thanks again!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.