T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Ryonets WBP Hybrid emulsion with some positive and negative results.

What other brands of emulsion are people using with success. I am using water based inks that I also buy from Ryonet.

I would like to try some other emulsions but would prefer to hear what is working for people on this forum as to save time and money.

thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have been using Ryonets WBP Hybrid emulsion with some positive and negative results.

What other brands of emulsion are people using with success. I am using water based inks that I also buy from Ryonet.

I would like to try some other emulsions but would prefer to hear what is working for people on this forum as to save time and money.

thanks
I use WBP emulsion as well. Had a lot of issues early on when using water based and discharge. However, after consulting with Ryonet I found that humidity was my problem. After I started using a de-humidifier in my dark room all the issues resolved themselves.

What kind of problems are you having?

Mitchell - Star Designs
Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums app

·
Registered
45 Posts

thanks
I too use the Ryonet WBP emulsion and still have some issues. I have however discovered it is the humidity and have been using a dehumidifier. Being an old small one it sometimes doesn't work as well as I would like. Just yesterday I saw a YouTube video showing using vinyl with water-based inks. I thought that I might give it a try as soon as I can afford a cutter.

·
Registered
137 Posts
As previously stated the trick to a good stencil is to control the moisture in your screen pre-exposure. We thought we had great strong screens until we upgraded to a dehumidifier and it has changed our screen game drastically. We are holding more detail and can print thousands of shirts with discharge without worrying about the stencil.

We can even wipe the screen while on press with halftones without worrying about the dots being wiped off screen.

For what it's worth we use Murikami HPV and 7500. Both work great just get the moisture out before exposure!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I use Textil PV. I just post expose for a few minutes and it has held up great with water based use.
Hold up. You're using Textil PV with WB and having no issues? If so then SWEET. I recently switched to Textil PHU as I planned on converting from plastisol to wb. I was worried about having to go back and redo all my PV screens. I post expose outside in the sun for a few hours.

I also usually switch to WBP in the winter because of humidity. But if you're saying that the PV works well with WB then I may not have to redo any screens at all. Which is great news for me!

To add to this thread Saati Textil PHU is great. Exposes fast! Has a nice solids count too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hold up. You're using Textil PV with WB and having no issues? If so then SWEET. I recently switched to Textil PHU as I planned on converting from plastisol to wb. I was worried about having to go back and redo all my PV screens. I post expose outside in the sun for a few hours.

I also usually switch to WBP in the winter because of humidity. But if you're saying that the PV works well with WB then I may not have to redo any screens at all. Which is great news for me!

To add to this thread Saati Textil PHU is great. Exposes fast! Has a nice solids count too.
I have been using it for months and it has been great. Held up well and no issues so far. I have been doing lighter runs and don't print as often as I would like but you should be ok with post-exposing it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have been using it for months and it has been great. Held up well and no issues so far. I have been doing lighter runs and don't print as often as I would like but you should be ok with post-exposing it.
Thanks for the info! That is awesome news. I always post-expose. I thought I remembered PV being water resistant with post exposure, but I tried it once with plasticharge and the stencil was GONE in 60 seconds! :) No joke. But that's a different beast I suppose.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Good to know. I'm not a fan of using Discharge so it's a non-issue. But good to know because the PHU can be hard to get. Dunno why it's not carried at more places than it is. But mainly because I don't want to go back and convert some of my older designs over from PV to PHU.

If you get a chance to try out Textil PHU give it a go. It's cheaper than the PV and makes a more durable stencil, it also coats nicer IMHO. Exposes just as quick too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.