T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that each time I use my vinyl cutter, I have to feed an extra two inches because if I don't, the vinyl just rolls out the back way. Is there a setting on my Vinyl Cutter (US Cutter) or on the software (Signblazer) that controls how much extra vinyl surrounding the cut is needed? Thanks! :eek:

· Premium Member
7,117 Posts
Sign Vinyl is pretty cheap, but the heat press vinyl is a bit more :)

I am not sure with what cutter you are using what options it has.

· Registered
219 Posts
It sucks but its just the way it is. I started out with one of those and then made the jump to a Roland XC-540 print/cut system and bot of them do the same. Even though the roland does offer a base point option I still waste approx 1 1/2 inches everytime. I know this isn't a solution but I just wanted you to know its just not your cutter. See if there is a prefeed option maybe that will work. It helped me a little but there is still a little waste. Also make sure in the rip software that your edges of the design do not have a space between the design and the edge of the total size of the design. I use roland versaworks and use the clip and tile option to make sure that the edge of the design is right next to the rip itself. I hope that helps

· Registered
562 Posts
I don't understand how you're wasting that much vinyl with your cutter? I have a 24" PCut by USCutter and rarely do I use more than 1/2 inch of vinyl on the feed or output sides of the cutter around my design.

The only waste I experience is when my graphic is JUST big enough to use most of the vinyl's width, but not all of it. I used to make extra logos for my business in the "scrap" areas, but after getting about 100 of them, I quit. LOL

Can you post a pic of what you're talking about maybe?

· Registered
1,557 Posts
It sucks but its just the way it is. I started out with one of those and then made the jump to a Roland XC-540 print/cut system and bot of them do the same. Even though the roland does offer a base point option I still waste approx 1 1/2 inches everytime. I know this isn't a solution but I just wanted you to know its just not your cutter. See if there is a prefeed option maybe that will work. It helped me a little but there is still a little waste. Also make sure in the rip software that your edges of the design do not have a space between the design and the edge of the total size of the design. I use roland versaworks and use the clip and tile option to make sure that the edge of the design is right next to the rip itself. I hope that helps

I have this problem on the versacamm also, I talked to a salesperson at the show but they said the same thing about the basepoint, I moved it back but it still wastes and on magnetic material it is not cheap

· Registered
924 Posts
maybe attach a carrier sheet to the end of the vinyl or if it's garment vinyl with a sticky backing could you save some from the last job and stick this to your piece to make it longer.

· Registered
2,238 Posts
Time takes to do all prep work ain't really worth it thou...
So you gonna save what? 10 to 40 cents? and spend like some extra time which = money to do it...
unless it's 23k gold vinyl, than ain't worth the hassle

Material = Money yes
Time = Money as well and I learned over the years that time is worth more than being over efficient :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.