T-Shirt Forums banner

Waste Ink Reset

[DTG Kiosk 2] 
4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Tallyplayer 
#1 ·
My woes with DTG continue. I have left a couple different emails on their support website and cannot get an answer. I hope that someone here can help me. I have a DTG Kiosk II The error lights indicating the Waste Ink Counter needs reset are flashing. The instructions tell me to hold in a reset button located inside the waste ink container compartment. The only problem is there is no button in there. So how do I reset the waste ink counter?

#3 ·
Hi Roy,

All but the earliest of machines made have the button that you are referring to. Like Harry said, if you have a copy of the Control program you can reset the counter. If not you will need access to the control panel where the buttons are located. If you can't get ahold of the the maintenance program then you can use the control panel method. Let me know if you need the instructions for how to do this.

#5 ·
Don Col Desi,

I hope you can help me. I leave emails on Col Desi Support site and get no responses. I have in the past left phone messages for the Owner and the Repair Shop manager and never got return calls while my machine was in for repair. I continue to have problems with my machine. When it prints it is great but I can only get one or two shirts out before the printer start Rainbow Blobbing. I have tried everything, cleaning the encoder strip gives me a couple more shirts before I ruin more shirts, and I have cleaned the belt and gear as well as completely recleaning the heads. Any suggestions on what to try?

#6 ·
Well this is strange. I could not get rid of the rainbow bloom no matter what I did last night. In disgust I shut everything down, started back up this morning no cleaning or adjusting and it is printing fine. Getting close to shirt 4 so I should know soon if it is going to start up again or not. This 30 shirt run has already cost me 10 damaged shirts, I hope I find the problem soon, this is getting expensive.

#15 ·
So I did, I got some double sided tape and some duct tape and got the ink lines running smoothly without touching the encoder strip. When I turned my printer off last Saturday I drained and flushed the system because I could not get the rainbow bloom to stop. After the repair I printed almost 50 straight shirts today with no problems. This is the first time since I got the printer back from repairs that it ran this smoothly. You would think the manufacturer would know this could cause problems. All the wasted ink and shirts to find this simple fix....oh yeah, should have been repaired while it was in the factory.

#16 ·
So we experimented a little. Moved and secured all the ink lines so they cannot hit the decoder strip while the printer is running. Ink dropping on shirt stopped. As we were printing some test shirts, I started tapping the encoder strip while the printer was running and sure enough the head started dumping ink all over the shirt. I do not know if anyone else knew this was a problem but for those experiencing ink dropping problems, they may want to insure nothing is hitting the encoder strip during operation. Another thing we noted, if anything jams the print head or stops it during print, you must completely restart the printer before it will print right again. I believe this is so the print head can regain its positioning through the start-up sequence, but it definitely makes a difference. Hope this information is helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.