T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the T-jet 2 with the bulk ink system. I have been having problems with some inks not printing and been doing multiple cleanings. I noticed that the ink does not seem to be dripping into the waste ink bottle.

Is there a video or something I can be directed to or can someone tell me the simple steps to check the line and unclog it.

I am sorry if this is a repeat, as I searched and found nothing. Thanks, Tanya

· Registered
84 Posts
Its probably not clogged. You probably need a new pump/capping station. Fill the capping station with cleaning solution and do a clean to see if it pulls it through. Check directly under the capping station to see if the tubes are still connected. If they are connected then the pump is probably dead. If they are not connected then reconnect them and try again.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply. I have filled the cap station and ran the clean, it isn't taking the excess off. I have to clean it off with swabs.

So in order to check the lines I need to remove the cover and go inside the machine? Novice here sorry. Are there some clear instructions to do this somewhere? I have looked in the pdf files, books we have and everywhere I can think of for pictures or a video that explains how to do this correctly and can't find anything.

· Registered
1,397 Posts
You can take out the capping/pump assembly and see if you can unclog it yourself with a syringe. Or you can replace it. Either way you will have to take it out so my suggestion is to try and unclog it first. You can pm me and I can email you some instructions.

· Registered
5,872 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply. I have filled the cap station and ran the clean, it isn't taking the excess off. I have to clean it off with swabs.

So in order to check the lines I need to remove the cover and go inside the machine? Novice here sorry. Are there some clear instructions to do this somewhere? I have looked in the pdf files, books we have and everywhere I can think of for pictures or a video that explains how to do this correctly and can't find anything.

We made a video for installing an outer waste bottle for the T-Jet 2 which also covers in detail removing and reinstalling the T-Jet 2 capping assembly. Watch videos 1, 2 and 3 and you should have a great idea of how to do it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHreb9nmS4w&list=UUydoLlhd9dd5pLyV4eD0PKg&index=38&feature=plpp_video[/media]

Harry

_

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much!! I ordered the replacement today, I have taken the old one out cleaned it up and tried to see if it would work, but it didn't. The videos on youtube and instructions from lazographics was a great help and much appreciated. ... Tanya

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a follow up to let others know how it all went.

I got the cap station/pump installed with minimal problems outside of dropping those little screws a few times. lol

The thing that did happen after I was up and running was all of the lights started blinking and the Red error eject was flashing. After doing some research in here I found that problem and the solution was a simple one. Just download the program that allows you to reset the waste tank thinking.

Fast T-Jet Adjustment Program

· Registered
5,872 Posts
Just a follow up to let others know how it all went.

I got the cap station/pump installed with minimal problems outside of dropping those little screws a few times. lol

The thing that did happen after I was up and running was all of the lights started blinking and the Red error eject was flashing. After doing some research in here I found that problem and the solution was a simple one. Just download the program that allows you to reset the waste tank thinking.

Please keep in mind that you can run the waste ink reset program as often as you want. It does not hurt the printer.

Harry

_

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.