T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok quick question and i sure some of you are going to call me stupid and i have tried to search for this, however my question is when using dual cure emulsion how can you wash it out outside of the dark room? I do not have the proper wash unit at this time. any help is great.

Also how long does it usually take you guys to dry a screen once you coat it with emulsion?

thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so are you saying wash it out inside of the trash bag or just once its done burning put it in a trash bag and pull it out and wash it out quickly?

thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
u could spray it down with a water bottle in your tub just to get it wet and use the trash bag to carry it outside where no direct sun is hitting it and then wash it out. usually about a minute after being wet down the emulsion will start to break down with norman water hose pressure. after u have the screen with image washed away i usually take a roll of shop towels and roll it down the screen soaking up as much water as possible and letting it sit in front of a fan for 5-10 minutes and ready to print. i bought a laundry tub from home depot and use that to spray my screens out in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just walk right outside and start spraying it. Never used a trash bag or anything to cover it. I just make sure I saturate it with water immediatly. keep it wet and work quickly til you see it start to wash out. I think as long as you dont wonder around taking your sweet time getting to the hose you'll be ok.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Keep it away from sunlight, but under regular incandescent or fluorescent light your screen will be fine. Even if you held it 20" away from a light, it would take 20-30 minutes to start hardening up the unexposed emulsion.

I will repeat though, sunlight can toast it pretty quick. Same goes for light escaping your exposure unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts