T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I have printed design on tshirt and have heatpressed, how long do I need to wait before I wash the tshirt. Wanting to check to make sure design is good. White base looks great, just want it all to stay on the shirt.

· Registered
1,954 Posts
If it properly cured, you can wash it right away. It is a good idea to do this and verify the "proper cure" and all the settings used BEFORE you start to offer the shirts to your customers. Try this on multiple types of garments so that you can give you client the best product and help them make an educated choice.

· Registered
1,954 Posts
Well i washed aftward and maybe did not cure well because it stuck to itself and peeled. so I will try again. Not real confident on the pretreatment yet either. Thanks for the info.
Peeled or flaking off means probably too much pretreat. Also note that the first shirts in a "run" may need a longer cure because the bottom platen is cool and drawing away heat and condensing moisture from the ink. You will need to adjust the recommended settings based on your environment and overall area of the print. Make sure you keep records so that you can duplicate your success

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.