T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Hi all,

I have a problem here.
The ink on my black tshirt just gone with a light scratch after a wash.

Everything was perfect until I wash it. It printed nicely, tried to scratch it after curing it....nothing wrong.

Put into washing machine, come out with huge loss of detail and I can easily rub the ink of the tshirt. Even if I wash it inside out.

Anyone knows what have I done wrong?

Pretretment dry time: 55s @ 170C
Curing time: 120s @ 170C
Pretreament method: using brush, pretreament dilluted very very lightly (with less than 10% water).

Many many thanks in advance.

This could be from putting too much pretreatment on. If you put on too much pretreatment you will lose washability.

It could also happen if the print was not dried long enough.
_

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Harry and Sean.

I just dilluted the pre treatment to 50-50.
A bit better now but I still be able to scratch it off.
Put few drop of detergent water to certain area, scratch....ink is gone.

I'm currently purely rely on brushing instead of wagner spray when applying the pre treatment (easier since I have a very limited space).
Do you guys think this is also one of the issue?

I'm thinking to double pass the white or using higher the white ink resolution to 1440x1440 (i'm using 1440x720).
I don't think this is the issue since print result before washing is always good?

thanks again

Brushing it on instead of spraying it could be part of the problem. Were you getting washability problems before this?
_

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.