T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I have asked a few questions on here and everyone in these forums are so helpful...you guys are amazing.

Anyway I was gonna wait till mid October and order a UScutters Copam, but after reading a few posts on here about he MH-721 (and even the pcut) on ebay I am almost sold. I could order the MH-721 right now and also order 3 or 4 rolls of "pratice" vinyl. I don't wanna jump the gun b/c I am very anxious to get started, but I also don't wanna spend $700 when I could spend $330 and get pretty much the same machine.

Whatever machine you guys help me decide on will be cutting vinyl on the weekends (every weekend) and also 3 or 4 days out the week. I have a full time job (which I love) and I also go to school, but I am about to die to start something on the side ...

Thanks again guys help me make this decision...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again JB, I am really leaning toward just getting the MH-721 for now. Hmmm i wounder if I order it from ebay today at work will it get here by the weekend.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know how long it takes for Uscutters to send a cutter when ordered from Ebay? Estimated times of course it depends on where you live...I know this.

JB, of course I will post some pics...I have been playing around with Flexi a little and I feel more comfortable with Adobe Illustrator, I just have to figure out how to trace bitmaps with Flexi lol.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I know they (uscutter) has a website. I would call them to see how long it will take. I would also ask them if you buy direst how long it will take and if they will give you a comparable price. It never hurts to ask and then you can post the answer. .... JB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In trying to get it here by the weekend I ordered it from ebay. About to order some 15" vinyl now to "practice" on :) hopefully the MH-721 will live up to the praise...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Due to a change in family circumstances I just got an MH 1351........so far so good, seems like an OK machine........I used a Mimaki CG100 before so it has a hell of a lot to live up to:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the MH-721 and love it. It took me a bit to figure out how to work it (I was a total noob at using cutters) but the guys at USCutters were very helpful as were the people posting on their message board. I got mine off of Ebay for a couple hundred and it paid for itself in the first few orders.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Does anyone know how long it takes for Uscutters to send a cutter when ordered from Ebay? Estimated times of course it depends on where you live...I know this.
It was last summer, but I think mine shipped the same day they received payment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys...I also ordered 50yrds of 24" white oracal 651 to play around with...I was gonna order some cheaper vinyl at 15" but I figured if I'm gonna spend the money anyway might as well get some good stuff and 50yrds should be enough for me to practice on and maybe have some left over. I also ordered some Squeegee Vinyl Applicators and some other usual sign making tools, however I forgot to order some transfer tape damnit lol bout to order that now.

crosses fingers please be here by Friday...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol If I had it like that I would bro :D Maybe after this investment I will who knows... I got Corel Draw X4 b/c I see that others are using it with good output. If anyone has any tips on Corel and tracing images that would be cool.....oh yeah 100yrds of transfer tape is on the way...

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I thought , I would try for the verscamm. I rally do wish you the best and can't wait to hear and see your expeiences. I think this one of the best parts of the forum. I enjoy helping and then watching others grow and become the helper too. I guess this is the 15 yrs Of teaching High School that is showing through. ... JB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts