T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a design that is approximately 22 inches high and 12 inches wide and is 3 colors. I was wondering if anyone knew of a screenprinter that would be able handle something like this. Preferably in Northern Virginia (where I live) and with low minimums.

Also, what is a pretty standard cost for a screen printing job if a shirt is provided to the printer? Costs such as, per screen, per color, etc. for a low minimum job(like 24 pcs).

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I think I've heard of "roller" or discharge printing that can print that large. 22" is pretty tall for most standard screen sizes.

Your best bet to find one close to where you live would be to start going through the phone book and asking the local shops if they can print that large.

You want ask the printers if they have a (conveyor) belt printer which can print edge to edge or all over prints on finished (sewn together) or unfinished garments. This company has one, but they aren't in VA: clearwaterscreenprinting.com

:welcome:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think I've heard of "roller" or discharge printing that can print that large. 22" is pretty tall for most standard screen sizes.

Your best bet to find one close to where you live would be to start going through the phone book and asking the local shops if they can print that large.

You want ask the printers if they have a (conveyor) belt printer which can print edge to edge or all over prints on finished (sewn together) or unfinished garments. This company has one, but they aren't in VA: clearwaterscreenprinting.com

:welcome:
I was just told about the "belt" printer too from a printer today in San Jose. I brought in a design with bleeds side to side and he said he couldn't do it because you have to have a "belt" printer and he said that there was only one place in the Bay Area he knows of that has that but their minimum is 3000 shirts per order...YIKES!

Rodney, do you or anyone on this forum know of any places in the US, particularly in the LA or Bay Area region that can do "belt" printing but doesn't require such a huge minimum?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I was just told about the "belt" printer too from a printer today in San Jose. I brought in a design with bleeds side to side and he said he couldn't do it because you have to have a "belt" printer and he said that there was only one place in the Bay Area he knows of that has that but their minimum is 3000 shirts per order...YIKES!

Rodney, do you or anyone on this forum know of any places in the US, particularly in the LA or Bay Area region that can do "belt" printing but doesn't require such a huge minimum?
Yep, there's another thread about with some vendors listed under the all over search tag: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/screen-printing/t8891.html

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Rodney, do you have an update or contact info of the Oregon screen printing shop that was testing out their belt printer? You mentioned that in another post which I can't track down anymore. Thanks
Nope, no update. The most update information on vendors is in the first post of the thread I linked to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts