T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to save myself some money in the long run on all these windows and comets that I buy. I have started getting a new material called 3m carbon fiber dinoc. What cutter would be good and cheap for just these small designs in regular vinyl and the carbon? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

· Registered
408 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again, I have been running through all kinds of threads over the last couple hours and have almost decided on the gcc. I just wonder do I need the lx or would I be ok with out it. I haven't figured out the difference just yet. I'll try and get it figured out after I get the monkey's to bed.

· Registered
708 Posts
LX has the eye for registration marks so you can contour cut heat transfers and stickers precisely instead of using a carrier mat or re-feeding the vinyl and setting the X, Y for the cut (and hoping it's accurate enough that it doesn't trim the edge off of your design). For only $100 more I would buy it, this is the machine I plan on getting if my business looks like it's going to go anywhere.

· Registered
8,278 Posts
I bought the us cutter laser point 24. Ive had it 3 years not 1 problem. Made enough money in the first month to cover cost and buy 2 replacements if needed. Still on my first one I have cut 5000 6x6 decals at one time just stopping every 24 to cut off material and make sure vinyl roll was tracking correctly

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the responses! I am gonna do some more thinking on it but I think the gcc expert 24 or expert 24 lx. I wonder does it come with the software that will get me by as a newb or will I need to spend even more money on descent software. I have another canopy that my friend is making and it is a different design all together so I will want to come up with completely different decals for this.

· Registered
142 Posts
You will need some design software to make what you want to cut i.e., Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape.

I don't think that any of the GCC Expert 24 series comes with full blown design software, at least I don't see it listed anywhere as part of the package.
You'll get GreatCut: used to cut your design made in Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator (you can copy from Inkscape and paste into GreatCut).
If the unit has an optical system (Expert 24 LX) you'll also get a plugin for Corel and Adobe that allows you to contour cut.

· Registered
8,278 Posts
Not without converting to a vector image. Scans are raster images there will be no paths

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.