T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started making tops myself out of modal rayon because I couldn't find the styles I wanted for women. I would like to use the tagless labels that are actually printed on the shirt, but I need them for dark and light.

I read all the old threads and the only one that was affordable was a little japanese printing machine that is no longer available.

I could screen print them but I don't know how small I could make the print with the screenprinting equipment that I have - a ryonet silver press.

I could also do the iron-on transfer papers in the inkjet printer but I don't have too much confidence in the lasting effect of those.

Does anyone have experience with actually screenprinting tags with name and size and care instructions?

thanks,
Pam

· Registered
287 Posts
Plastisol transfers are the way to go for this. You will need to buy a heat press but that an be had for around 350 for the off branded ones, and the transfers can be had for 30 or forty bucks. On another note if you have a silver press you can do the screen print yourself. I just did my first tag that way myself like a week ago and the results were great. 4 inch by 4 tag with good detail. You can do it.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Does anyone have experience with actually screenprinting tags with name and size and care instructions?
I don't have experience doing it myself, but I've seen it done. I actually watched a screen printer print tagless labels *just* yesterday

They made a screen that had all 6 sizes on it. Then they taped off the ones they weren't using at the time, then did a 1 color screen print. The text on the label was pretty small (I don't have the exact measurements, but I'll have it later this week). I even took some videos/photos of it being done that I'll be posting later.

· Registered
287 Posts
Dont forget to add the trick where you just print all of the sizes then circle the one for that shirt. Did that with a small piece of copper pipe after dipping the tip in the same color ink. Forget where I saw that though.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys, I'm going to try this out after I see Rodneys videos.
I was a bit concerned with the ink showing through on white tees. I have some I bought in a store that did that.
I also want to use the labels on pants that I'm making.

· Registered
76 Posts
The quote below is from another member here, but it looks like I only copied the body of his comment to put in my "knowledge base". I'm keeping it for once I get everything up and running because I too wish to use plastisol transfers for tagless labels.

We have been doing a lot of testing with plastisol transfers from First Edition. We use a cap press to apply. We are using a blue gray color (Pantone 550C). It works on dark and light colors.

· Registered
46 Posts
Hey,

Not sure what your budget is but I saw this machine the other day and started drooling.

Tagless Printing Videos | Inkcups Now

We do it like in the video from Rodney above. This is Pad Printing rather than Screen Printing. Not sure what inks they use...they seem to instant dry because in the videos you see they just drop the tees on top of each other immediately after printing.

Anyway...I want one. It just that you need the inks and the plate maker as well...so it the whole package.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.